GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Cheated on Emissions Testing?

NorthVan1

Ready to race!
Not a VW dealer? It's my understanding that they can't sell any used TDI until VW fixes the emissions.

Nope, they are a VW dealer. I was surprised that they were selling the used ones too. They are not selling new ones right now.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
An embargo can only apply to the sale of new goods. I don't think the US government can put an embargo on private sales, used car dealerships included.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

zrickety

The Fixer
Embargo, yes. But I thought we were talking about an emissions recall. How do you sell a car with an outstanding RECALL?? I wonder if they are trying to move them before the fix becomes available, punting the responsibility to the next owner.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Why wouldn't they be able to sell a car with an outstanding recall? They can't force existing drivers off the road, not that this situation would warrant anything close to that sort of response.

zrickety

The Fixer
Well they still technically pass the tests. I thought they were saying affected cars are illegal polluters...I suppose it comes down to the inspection process. Cars will get flagged, but it will take time to implement.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Oh, you're thinking emissions. I forget about an that crap. Thanks, Michigan [emoji106]

NorthVan1

Ready to race!
An embargo can only apply to the sale of new goods. I don't think the US government can put an embargo on private sales, used car dealerships included.

I am in Canada, so far Environment Canada hasn't had an official position on this. VW Canada pulled all the new cars right after the news broke.