GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EONON GA5153F Review

Gti For Me

Go Kart Champion
Wow good find I wish I new this 7 month ago.

Niklas2000

are you sure though? I found a converter but could not find a thread talking about it see the photo below, it looks like it converts the can input into an RCA out that can be hooked up to the unit.

Niklas I don't quite have the money to add on the OEM back up camera but when I do I'm going to try the device above and see if it works and report back to the group by and this review thread, it essentially is supposed to take the can input of the camera convert it to RCA and output, I feel eonon could eventually add this to their CAN converter but for the mean time this may work, I would test it now but I'm doing research without product in hand.

My unit comes in Friday supposedly and will do a full youtube review on the unit as well once it is all installed. :beer:

Hi and thanks - that would be greatly appreciated! Hopefully Eonon will come up with a solution or an explanation on why the assured me that it would be compatible.

Once again, thanks for the info and help!

dahui91

Wow good find I wish I new this 7 month ago.

No worries, I hope someone has the ability to try before me as it will be a while until I can actually afford the camera and this.

Hi and thanks - that would be greatly appreciated! Hopefully Eonon will come up with a solution or an explanation on why the assured me that it would be compatible.

Once again, thanks for the info and help!

We will see, I don't think it would be that hard even then having small blocks wont matter much, if you feel like trying it first that would be awesome as I said in the above quote, it's going to take me a while.

Niklas2000

Well I would try that as last option. But right now Im kind of set on the fact that this is something that Eonon should resolve for me. Since they said that it would work, and be plug & play...

Stinger

Ready to race!
I would like to add a word of caution when purchasing off name units. You are paying 50% less than comparable branded units. While that's great, you will also likely deal with various issues, some of which are being brought up here or other threads. Luckily the people at Eonon are very helpful but don't expect perfection. For example, there are no specific manuals to install or adjust your unit. Whatever Eonon makes available is woefully inadequate. The units have inconsistent issues: some have Bluetooth issues, others have radio issues or dvd issues and some have a combination of these and others. It's part of "what you pay for" and I say that liking my unit a 5153F.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Jmen

Passed Driver's Ed
how does the mirrorlink function work?? does it use wifi or bluetooth or some other way??

dahui91

Let me preface this with I have a MK5 so I'm not sure if its compatible with this feature. Just got my unit tonight from the group buy and installed it.

Steering wheel controls I can go into the screen to change it, press the button on want to assign (next track in this case) and it starts flashing, when I press the button on the steering wheel, say the up button which is the next track for CD's on the stock unit, it beeps, but the thing is still flashing and waiting reassignment, am I missing something here, I even tried it like that and hitting save and it does nothing. if you have a short vid of you actually resetting one of the controls that would be awesome, the review kind of does it but I don't know if you actually programmed it or not.

MeanGreenGTI

Ready to race!
Let me preface this with I have a MK5 so I'm not sure if its compatible with this feature. Just got my unit tonight from the group buy and installed it.

Steering wheel controls I can go into the screen to change it, press the button on want to assign (next track in this case) and it starts flashing, when I press the button on the steering wheel, say the up button which is the next track for CD's on the stock unit, it beeps, but the thing is still flashing and waiting reassignment, am I missing something here, I even tried it like that and hitting save and it does nothing. if you have a short vid of you actually resetting one of the controls that would be awesome, the review kind of does it but I don't know if you actually programmed it or not.

I will send you a short clip of how it works for me ok? I didn't do anything special if everything iswired correctly which I'm assuming it is since it's on and working you should just be able to go in the settings and change whatever button you want to what.

Niklas2000

I would like to add a word of caution when purchasing off name units. You are paying 50% less than comparable branded units. While that's great, you will also likely deal with various issues, some of which are being brought up here or other threads. Luckily the people at Eonon are very helpful but don't expect perfection. For example, there are no specific manuals to install or adjust your unit. Whatever Eonon makes available is woefully inadequate. The units have inconsistent issues: some have Bluetooth issues, others have radio issues or dvd issues and some have a combination of these and others. It's part of "what you pay for" and I say that liking my unit a 5153F.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This is so very true. Even though "reviews" says something else. Im having ALOT of trouble with this unit. I will come back with a full and honest review shortly.

MeanGreenGTI

Ready to race!
This is so very true. Even though "reviews" says something else. Im having ALOT of trouble with this unit. I will come back with a full and honest review shortly.

While I agree with both you and Stinger I can't help but say that I've had the unit about 3 weeks now and I have not run into one issue. Everything works as it should it plays dvds, cds, radio works, everything I have used is working with no problems. I don't know what to say I'm not here to sell the units just gave my honest feedback from my experience with it. When I do run into an issue I will definitely post it here for I'm not trying to hide or mislead anyone with the unit.

BryanrabI

Banned
I think Yahoo etc, will have you receiving more quality customer leads at a fraction of what you may be spending now.

Niklas2000

While I agree with both you and Stinger I can't help but say that I've had the unit about 3 weeks now and I have not run into one issue. Everything works as it should it plays dvds, cds, radio works, everything I have used is working with no problems. I don't know what to say I'm not here to sell the units just gave my honest feedback from my experience with it. When I do run into an issue I will definitely post it here for I'm not trying to hide or mislead anyone with the unit.

Im sorry if you read my post as a comment on your review. I see now that it could be read that way. It was not my intention. Glad to hear that you like your unit.

But I have a lot of problems. Top of mind issues are - Bad/No GPS reception, the worst Bluetooth quality thinkable with distorted sound and echo, no plug & play rear view camera support even it was communicated that it should be, constantly crashing browser, sound quality of music/radio
beyond bad.

So my review of this unit, is pretty much the opposite of yours when it comes to output of the functions. Unit has the quality look as you say, and feels really premium. But it delivers nothing near that.

And what I find strange is that even though they are very nice in their support they really are depending on users to try everything out. Hence the missing installation instructions I guess. Everything is referred to other users installations and tries. Got a recommendation of solving my rear camera issue with the same answer as in this thread with extra hardware (on my expense) to support. An un-tested solution... I still have gotten NO working instructions on installing my rear view camera. Its not really support in my book. But yes, always polite.

I might be on a limb here, and this is the way is supposed to be. But I was expecting more. So Im trying to reverse the transaction and getting my money back.

Last edited: