GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

ExcelonGT

Passed Driver's Ed
Damn, Apple maps sucks. No way to use google maps with an iPhone?

You can use Google maps with a jailbroken iPhone

When was the last time you used Apple maps. It's gotten much better with iOS 10

Waze should work on Carplay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr_Dog

Ready to race!
So what CAN adapter do we need to avoid battery drain? I have a 2012 GLI.

I have a 2012 GLI and had a problem with my CAN adapter. You will likely need a new one :p

Check your version. If it is anything pass K than you will be fine. Myin was Rev D.

Talked to the guy I bought radio from and he sent me the newest one for $20.

mrfaint

Got a message from my seller on eBay and chatted with him via Whatsapp. He sent me a link to download an even newer version of the firmware. He said this has happened before. Minor language barrier.

He gave me the link below for the update to a onedrive account:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am8nQJSlrtIAbqYukWiRwvNr9Zw

Instructions to update as follows:
1. Download the file and save it onto a USB flash drive. Do Not extract it to the flash drive, just drag and drop from your computer.
2. Turn on radio and insert flash drive into the USB port on your radio.
3. Press and hold the SETUP key until you see UPDATE menu.
4. Select UPDATE and follow the prompts. Upgrade takes 6-10 minutes. Don't turn off ignition or power off stereo during upgrade.
5. Radio should restart itself and have the updated firmware.

Hello, I updated the firmware, m following the above link, on my 187A. Now I am in deep regret. The unit can only do one thing now, i.e., infinitely restarting on the "Welcome to Volkswagen" screen. :(

Any suggestion is deeply appreciated!

BMAPhotoG

I just installed this on my 2015 Jetta Sport, everything worked well day one but today spotify wouldnt play anything and pandora kept restarting, i updated both apps and it seemed to help.

Also i lost the 1 touch up and down on all the windows, is that normal?

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
windows probably just need to be reset..

hold all the way down until it's down, hold all the way up until it's up. Boom, fixed - auto windows back in action.

APRTDI

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone got a good way to jailbreak an iPhone to get full functionality? I tried a few methods none of them work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChancreScolex

Ready to race!
Is there any way to tell without vagcom if my 2012 GTI needs the canbus adapter?