GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat17: Boosted Learns How To Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
ChiChat17: Forum Still In Mourning Over Loss Of Jabers GTI -Alltrack FTG Measurements

Dang man, sorry to hear that.

Oh wow sorry to hear man. Would have addressed this in my previous post but you got in while I was multi-quoting.

Life throws some curveballs :(

Yeah, it fucking blows. He’s got 3 kids too. Youngest just turned 1. Lost my uncle to the same type of brain cancer a few years back, so I’ve already seen what’s to come.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Lunch pic.

Attachments

• IMG_9809.JPG
    IMG_9809.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 64

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
No keyfob. Fake. Looks good though.

Nope. Not fake.

Boblob ruled years ago that keyfobs were no longer required.

Until Boblob reverses his ruling, or we find another attorney to take his place, his ruling stands.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
sorry dubya about your friend

I think it looks great Jaber! And yeah - that HU looks like a pretty major improvement overall. Much more "adult" and professional? Most of the ones offered in the Mk6's just seemed kinda "kids toy" or something. Small screens, big text, weird graphics...

The bus is cool... and not a bad idea for a tow rig. My old racing coach used an old bus too. 7.3L Powerstroke Econoline chassis, bus body... had room for sleeping, tables etc + could pull his trailer. Pretty clever idea actually.

Hmmm - if you did, it was early. I left the house at 5:30 to head to Autobahn, would have been done with 90 by 6a or earlier? I was following my buddy in his C7 Z06. I took I-80 west to Rt. 47 to get home and skipped all the rush hour nonsense. Took 1:40 to get home and zero traffic - I think that'll probably be my route going forward.

Speaking of C7 Z06's.... signed off my student early (who actually also had a C7 Z06, tho it was a vert and he was still n00b-ish) and went for a ride with Jim in his car....

Damn those things are monsters. Pretty much ran the entire course in 3rd - such torques to get out of the slow spots, tons of rev range room. Car was stock aside from a seat, rollbar, harnesses, lowered suspension (factory setup you can lower the car), Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2's, some kind of track brake pad (don't know the brand or compound), and SRF fluid. Jim's a decent driver, he left a lot on the table in a few places and still squeaked a 2:41.8 with my fat ass sitting in the passenger seat (with my head continually smacking the ceiling... I do not fit in those cars...) His first event on real pads and Sport Cups - he'll be in the 39's the next event for sure once he gets some confidence.
ah okay nevermind it wasnt you then, was around 4:45. p car driving skillfully through traffic heading westbound . sounded good.

i cant comment on how fast a c7 z06 is but i got absolutely destroyed by a grand sport at autobahn. Found out later they have magnetic suspension , the car was incredibly flat around turns. Corvettes no doubt are impressive, the newest ones are sleek .

grand sport that blew my doors off hit 120 mph coming into turn 11 before braking. (the straight after patience) braked between 4 and 3 marker .

i have video. kind of embarrassing though, looks like im going really slow. i feel like my line through patience was better though so theres that :laugh:

stocks suspension at the time, no fmic, no lift kit, regular summers, no fsb etc. after passed went into cool down mode. really want to get some seat time with an instructor next time i go, ABCC full track is a lot to take in.
Lunch pic.
Wow, looks very good . made me not want to eat what i brought for lunch
Hollyweird will likely fuck it up

Not bad - I want tacos now
same^

pastor tacos, extra hot sauce :drool:

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Nope. Not fake.

Until Boblob reverses his ruling, or we find another attorney to take his place, his ruling stands.

Bah. I call for a retrial.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
No keyfob. Fake. Looks good though.

Nope. Not fake.

In case there are questions:

Tuna originally sticking his neck out and issuing a ruling, with Boblob asserting his authority over Tuna making a ruling without prior approval:
https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2192639#post2192639

Boblob entering the ruling as court order:
https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2192650&postcount=1085

i cant comment on how fast a c7 z06 is but i got absolutely destroyed by a grand sport at autobahn. Found out later they have magnetic suspension , the car was incredibly flat around turns. Corvettes no doubt are impressive, the newest ones are sleek .

grand sport that blew my doors off hit 120 mph coming into turn 11 before braking. (the straight after patience) braked between 4 and 3 marker .

Yeah Z06 has magride too - and GM just issued an update to their calibration that's supposed to be a big difference too.

The Z06 was hitting mid-120s halfway down the front straight at ABCC Full yesterday. I'm waiting for him to post the video so we can see what the actual top end was... but it was moving.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
In case there are questions:

Tuna originally sticking his neck out and issuing a ruling, with Boblob asserting his authority over Tuna making a ruling without prior approval:
https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2192639#post2192639

Yeah Z06 has magride too - and GM just issued an update to their calibration that's supposed to be a big difference too.

The Z06 was hitting mid-120s halfway down the front straight at ABCC Full yesterday. I'm waiting for him to post the video so we can see what the actual top end was... but it was moving.

Lol^

120 in the front straight? wow. I need to attend laps inc at autobahn again..get some more seat time with an instructor. Im throwing away so much time in certain sections, problem now is that i have to relearn car since a lot of mods since been there. Drove with skiff instruction and ride along but his lines are way different cause lotus. Ken is very smooth instructor as well, both of those guys brake so late its impressive. I remember in novice group they start you off with a lead follow... i think a higher speed lead follow would be helpful to the intermediate guys.

I almost think attending half track days youd get more out of learning the course since visting each turn more frequently.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie

First time I was introduced to turbo's i was in high school and my best friend at the time got a black 4dr Dodge GLH Turbo with red interior and a 5 speed. I 'learned' how to drive stick on that thing!!

Was pretty funny cause my then gf had a silver 3speed Omni that i would forever be trying to get power out of!!

I tried to buy it from him when he decided to sell it and when i told my Dad about it... those dreams crashed and burned. "you have money to buy and insure a car? Well then, that must mean you have money for rent too eh?!" :(:(:(:(

When I saw the signature OmniGLH it reminded me of that lil unsuspecting beast that shamed a lot of Camaro's back in the day

Last edited:

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I just got a cease and desist notice regarding Boosted thread tags from Omni Archive Enterprises™ Lawyer. Mods please take action immediately .

Status
Not open for further replies.