GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat17: Boosted Learns How To Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
The width between 944 and 944 Turbo is the same. 944 Turbo (and 944S2) front fenders are different to accommodate the front bumper difference and I'm pretty sure the header panel (piece between the headlights) is also different but the track width and overall fender widths are the same. 944 Turbo (and S2) also get a lower rear valence.

The 924 and 924S is the narrow body.

Often forgotten fact: the 924S is faster than the 944. Same powertrain but narrower, lighter body.

944 NA is lame

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Right by me too...Its for my company :laugh:

nice yeah. bhause burgers, or Blue Line Bar :drool:

Usually around here it's "can't wait to leave IL" :lol:

^

Yeah my wife and I were actually talking about moving to Michigan or Wisconsin in the future.

^

NC.. RI.. lots of other places to consider.

Meh, you still drive a minivan.

nah, I RACE one.

It is for sale, btw.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
nice yeah. bhause burgers, or Blue Line Bar :drool:

^

^

NC.. RI.. lots of other places to consider.

nah, I RACE one.

It is for sale, btw.

I went up to NH for business and I never wanted to leave. It was beautiful there!

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
did not know on the 924S.. wow. ]

guy across the street bought a 924.. its just been sitting in his garage. He also owns a really shitty Lancer that sounds like shit. I don't get it.

Yeah the regular 924 is kind of a turd. Old VW/Audi powertrain. Light cars but still not what anybody would consider quick. They have a small cult following. My buddy Dan has (literally) a collection of them (7 or 8 now, I think?), and runs a small business that specializes in making custom parts for them.

Mechanically very simple cars tho. In the back of my mind is a small idea to use Dan to find a solid one for Jr.'s first car.

Usually around here it's "can't wait to leave IL" :lol:

Yeah no doubt.

We got our updated property tax assessment yesterday. Up another 6.11%. Joy.

I'm very much against pressuring Jr. to decide "what he wants to be when he grows up" but lately I'm thinking that I might at least get him thinking about colleges soon... such that, if he picks an out-of-state school, we move to that state for his Sr. year of HS so we can get in-state tuition rates.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah the regular 924 is kind of a turd. Old VW/Audi powertrain. Light cars but still not what anybody would consider quick. They have a small cult following. My buddy Dan has (literally) a collection of them (7 or 8 now, I think?), and runs a small business that specializes in making custom parts for them.

Mechanically very simple cars tho. In the back of my mind is a small idea to use Dan to find a solid one for Jr.'s first car.

Yeah no doubt.

I'm very much against pressuring Jr. to decide "what he wants to be when he grows up" but lately I'm thinking that I might at least get him thinking about colleges soon... such that, if he picks an out-of-state school, we move to that state for his Sr. year of HS so we can get in-state tuition rates.

oh nice.

I had a 87 944 that was in pretty good shape and a great shp in elmhurst used to work on them, but that was some 20 years ago. I learned stick on the 944. It was super fun for sure. that's a nice idea for Wesley.

yeah.. IL... we talk about leaving too. Just would have to pull everything together otmake it happen and work would have to be cool with me going remote 100% of the time, which may not be cool, esp now that i may be managing a support group here downtown. I would love RI, wife likes it too, or NC, etc.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion

Yeah no doubt.

Not a bad idea. Tuition is fucking expensive. Pick a community college and save a lot of coin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
willingly moving to a place with even shittier weather? :eek:

THIS.

DOES NOT COMPUTE.

One of my best friends is angling for a job at Hagerty Insurance up in Traverse City. He's been pushing me to come with him.

I'm like, "Dude you were there in late April visiting family and actually got STUCK there an extra two days because they got over a FOOT of snow. Fuck that shit."

Move south! Midwest is for sheep!

Exactly. If I move, it's gonna be to someplace with way better weather.

TX was on the short list BUT the southeast is currently the leading choice. Reasonable driving range to so many racetracks.... Road Atlanta, AMP, CMP, Barber, VIR, Roebling, NFMP....

whats for lunch today?

:iono:

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
oh nice.

yeah.. IL... we talk about leaving too. Just would have to pull everything together otmake it happen and work would have to be cool with me going remote 100% of the time, which may not be cool, esp now that i may be managing a support group here downtown. I would love RI, wife likes it too, or NC, etc.

Need to get that AON status. They’ve got locations all over the world brah. My buddy lived in Tampa for the winter and worked out if that location.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
THIS.

DOES NOT COMPUTE.

One of my best friends is angling for a job at Hagerty Insurance up in Traverse City. He's been pushing me to come with him.

I'm like, "Dude you were there in late April visiting family and actually got STUCK there an extra two days because they got over a FOOT of snow. Fuck that shit."

TX was on the short list BUT the southeast is currently the leading choice. Reasonable driving range to so many racetracks.... Road Atlanta, AMP, CMP, Barber, VIR, Roebling, NFMP....

Atlanta almost happened for us. A lot of people say it’s pretty awesome. That humidity doe. I still want to get back to AZ. F’ing love that place.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
THIS.

DOES NOT COMPUTE.

Same for moving / tracks, etc. SE ftw , TRACK ALL YEAR.

oh wow - Hagerty - thats funny, I talked to them a while back about their HPDE insurance program, and any opportunities there - same with Lockton. And I agree with you, moving to Traverse City.. yuck. Lockton would have required going to Overland Park KS... :iono:

What was the stuff for Hagerty? hpde ins related or ?

Need to get that AON status. They’ve got locations all over the world brah. My buddy lived in Tampa for the winter and worked out if that location.

yeah.. your guy is a higher up/exec, i am not lol. If i get promoted to the next level, im a little closer, but not that close lol. plus, with managing more front line people, its harder to swing a remote gig - but we will see, in due time. We loved Portsmouth RI when we were just there again, so who knows. would be nice for somewhere like there or the south where for $250K or whatever, you get a great house that doesnt break the bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.