GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
I'm a day late but how was everybody's weekend? Final LAPS event yesterday so I was out.

Sunday did the TSSCC autocross. I did really well at the last TSSCC autocross I did... as well as their 3 tracksprint events. But man I got my butt handed to me. Was not in a good mental place all day (won't go into that) which totally didn't help.

Talked to one of the guys after the fact, and between that and watching some video of the guy who had FTD, I was able to put some pieces together....

I kept hitting cones in the slaloms and was overall just unusually sloppy in them. Now i realize that the slaloms were almost 60mph. Same rhythm but probably a solid 20mph faster than the slaloms I'm used to running. Explains why I kept getting out of shape.

Gonna make a swaybar change. SCCA next weekend. Considering trying to make it.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
LOL yup always funny watching people try to add to the value of the vehicle they're selling because they did the maintenance.

"I know what KBB says but it has gas and oil in it so it's worth more."
Same with mods. "my car has all teh racecarz, pay me $75k for a track beaten Gti"
I'm a day late but how was everybody's weekend? Final LAPS event yesterday so I was out.

Sunday did the TSSCC autocross. I did really well at the last TSSCC autocross I did... as well as their 3 tracksprint events. But man I got my butt handed to me. Was not in a good mental place all day (won't go into that) which totally didn't help.

Talked to one of the guys after the fact, and between that and watching some video of the guy who had FTD, I was able to put some pieces together....

I kept hitting cones in the slaloms and was overall just unusually sloppy in them. Now i realize that the slaloms were almost 60mph. Same rhythm but probably a solid 20mph faster than the slaloms I'm used to running. Explains why I kept getting out of shape.

Gonna make a swaybar change. SCCA next weekend. Considering trying to make it.
Well, at least you were able to learn why you were struggling a bit.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Same with mods. "my car has all teh racecarz, pay me $75k for a track beaten Gti"

Ya those guys are even worse!

Well, at least you were able to learn why you were struggling a bit.

Sorta. I have a theory anyways. Depending how how things go on the home front this week I may try to make the SCCA event on Saturday to try to test some of my theory.

My buddy Doug and I have been chatting all morning. We're both kinda in the same boat... love competing, always want to get better. Enjoy the challenge and the pressure of trying to figure out what needs to be solved to get that next step.

But we've both started to venture deep into the autocross hole.... and have started to question whether our desire for improvement outweighs our desire for autocross in general.

It's hard to beat the dollar-fun ratio, especially when you're trying to compete against guys vs. just puttering around a parking lot for giggles. For the cost of one W2W race I could do a whole season of AX + have a crap tone of money to spare. Heck for one well-rounded **DE** weekend I could.

Or maybe it's a fear that I'm nearing the end of my interest altogether. Death throes spurts of interest. When I quit motorcycling it's because I essentially knew I'd hit the break-even point of my interest in putting in more effort, the required investment to go further, and my satisfaction with what I'd accomplished so far. In other words... I'd at least seen the top of the mountain, gotten a taste of it, and realized that I'd had my fill relative to what it would take to go beyond. And I still don't regret leaving it behind.

I can rub shoulders with guys who can trophy at SCCA nationals. I've shared a car with podium-level PWC and IMSA drivers and out driven them.

Maybe I'm getting closer to a course change and getting around to building that '47 Chevybomb I've always wanted to build.

Jaber

Modero
trying to price an offer for this tiguan. private sale. edmunds has it at 7700 for its condition. guy wanted 9500. just got a new turbo (2300 price tag, he says). he said he could do 8500.

i think that's reasonable enough but my brain thinks i could talk down some more.

Hard pass. What about NADA, Kelly Blue Balls? Tell him to take it to Carmax and you'll offer him $500 more :iono:

The guy is high wanting 2k more than it's worth because of recent maintenance. You'd be high paying 8500 for it too.

Offer 7500 and walk away if he says no. That's how you negotiate.

Yo share that blunt dawg

This^

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
ChiChat19: Winter Is Coming Chili Chat

The key to negotiations is not letting your emotions interfere and having the balls to walk if it’s not what you want. Go in with what you want to pay and the most you’ll pay and walk if it’s not in between those numbers. Come prepared with supporting evidence that supports your price.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Link or more info of said Tiguan?

2012 tiguan SE 4motion. Sunroof but no nav. 89k. Mechanically seems fine. Clean title.

blue with beige interior.

Last edited:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
definitely not afraid to walk away just would like to have a second car in the mix before i get my timing chain work done.

i think ill offer 8000 even and see what the guy says.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Dreary day. Could definitely go for some solid chili for lunch today.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Opted for a spicy chicken and chorizo torta with ghost pepper cheese.

It's not super spicy (which is good for me as I'm not a huge spice fan) and damned tasty.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
was going to go hiking today but need to rest a bit after 17ish miles of hiking within the last week. instead im going to clean the car for first time since getting it back. the engine bay was SOOO dusty from the sanding they do in the shop... wiped it down, which is good enough for now.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Didn’t go low enough if he accepted it right off the bat.

he didn't. said he would drop the price to 8500 on facebook before accepting that. then hours later he talked to his wife who convinced him just to take the money. they already have the replacement for that car.