GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
This makes it easy btw:

Only issue I ran into was the rear clamp being rusted so i cut it with an angle grinder

The old jack bar as breaker bar tool. I have a couple in my toolbox as well :D

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Did my downpipe today. Feel sorry for the guy having all the issues. I finished the job in just under 3 hours. And yes my GTI is from the Northeast i95 corridor. Just took a little PB blasting and some M-A-N into it.

very happy with the fitment, sound and increased performance. No CELs, no spacers. I mated it up to the stock resonator with no suitcase muffler and the thing sounds like a god damn freight train coming towards you.

Just @ me next time dude ;) Genuinely very glad you didn't run in to issues. No amount of PB was going to help me seat a socket on the sleeve clamp nor pop a nut with a 7" handled wrench. Just popped over to the next page and saw you avoided those struggles (y) (y)

Interesting to hear no CELs with no spacers. Are you CBFA? Running Stg2 software?

==

Today I got my intake stuff buttoned up and popped the terminals out of that broken connector for the DV. The Aussie/Kiwi video was super useful, the bobby pin tool worked like an absolute dream. Realized I had made an absolute amateur boneheaded mistake while I was down there, though: ordered 1J0973722 from ECS based on appearance and memory. Needed to order 1J0973722A. Completion waits at least another day... going to call some dealers to see if they have one I can pick up.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Im CBFA, Stg 1+

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
you drive around a bit? dp cel was never instant on for me. usually after driving like 20 miles or so.
I was stage 2 with no CEL for around 4-5 K miles.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion

synthetikv

Ready to race!
pretty sure all the major brands do since they all require a dp for stage 2 (apr, uni, ie, giac, revo). maybe some cobb ots tunes or protunes don't, i think you have to request it from stratified (if thats where you get your protune from) but i'm not 100% sure on cobb stuff as i haven't messed with it, but i was looking into it for awhile and i'm pretty sure thats what they told me.

my mk6 gli was stage 2 apr for 20k miles, never threw a cel. current gti is stock with dp throwing cel 20-50 miles after i clear cels (put dp on 2 years ago, then put around 2k miles on the car over those 2 years so didn't want to dump money into a car i wasn't really using) although IE tune is coming as soon as their stuff's off backorder.

my question was more for Joe_Mama, with dp and stage 1 software though.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
I only drove a few miles, it could very well come on.

torga

Autocross Champion

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
My GIAC tune does not turn off or clear the CEL.
Strange! I’m GIAC Stage 2 and the installer told me it will code out the O2 sensor. I have no spacer on my downpipe and my VAG-COM always shows “readiness”. I’ve passed California smog twice already on Stage 2. (I carefully select smog shops that don’t have a lift or deep recessed ground access in the garage 🙂 )

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
I thought you were boycotting USP after the Stage 2 pipe fiasco/drama?
If you check the follow up posts they reached out to me and fixed the problem. Ive placed like 2 or 3 more orders with them since