GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
i wouldn't feel bad about that at all personally... I got a soft spot for those legends LOL
It was totally unexpected, he pulled up at a light next to me and did a super aggressive launch and then cut in front of me. I was like ok, I got you at the next light and then proceeded to slip the clutch through 3 gears. I told him at the next stop that my clutch was slipping so I couldnt put the power down and he was like "Yeah you couldnt beat me anyway"

and then I drove home sad :(

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Craigslist special. Updated with the latest software to ignore junk K readings. Will do a hard wire instal this week/weekend.

DEF68E7F-467D-43CF-8331-C9132ABC3758.jpeg

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
This just came in the mail:

Yes... Off road only... *nods*

torga

Autocross Champion
I just got burned by some old man in a SS El Camino cuz my damn clutch is slipping. Slipping like this at stg1+, i will definitely need a clutch for stg2. Looking at Sachs, Southbend and RSR
I actually saw that Southbend is on sale for 10% off right now. I think it was at moddedeuros.
I saw that, too. I think ECS is having a sale on DKM clutches as well.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
It is sale season everywhere, they all want our stimulus money. I got the USP downpipe for 400$ shipped.

Last edited:

synthetikv

Ready to race!
did the $10 DEI 514ln chirp unlock mod. dumbest thing i've done to the car, but it makes me smile every time i lock/unlock it lol.

Oh and ordered tune/cable from IE, although they're backordered with everything going on.

Last edited:

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
It was totally unexpected, he pulled up at a light next to me and did a super aggressive launch and then cut in front of me. I was like ok, I got you at the next light and then proceeded to slip the clutch through 3 gears. I told him at the next stop that my clutch was slipping so I couldnt put the power down and he was like "Yeah you couldnt beat me anyway"

and then I drove home sad :(

Thanks for the laugh. Old guys rule..... LOL ;)

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
He was a silver fox for sure. At least 70. My dad used to have a v8 el camino when i was a kid. awesome cars... err trucks?

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
He was a silver fox for sure. At least 70. My dad used to have a v8 el camino when i was a kid. awesome cars... err trucks?

I'm an old guy with a silver beard too. For me fast in a straight line means nothing. I'm sure you could out-brake & out-handle his evil handling trucklet on a twisty road. :)

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Is this the gen 2 version? I'm very curious how those work.

No it's a Gen 1. Gen 2 is very new and there were not any used ones available. If you can swing the cost it is suppose to be 1 of the best on the market and better then the Gen 1 in terms of range and false alarms. You can get a used Gen 1 for half the cost of a Gen 2 and mine has the upgraded software. I ended up driving up to NJ to meet a guy to buy it (we both wore proper PPE) and on my way back only an Audi and a few other car set off false alarms. Speed limit signs and auto door openers do set it off but I like the added sensitivity. The only downside is no GPS but if you use Waze you don't need it, IMO. It is my first experience with a detector tho so I don't have anything to compare it too.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
No it's a Gen 1. Gen 2 is very new and there were not any used ones available. If you can swing the cost it is suppose to be 1 of the best on the market and better then the Gen 1 in terms of range and false alarms. You can get a used Gen 1 for half the cost of a Gen 2 and mine has the upgraded software. I ended up driving up to NJ to meet a guy to buy it (we both wore proper PPE) and on my way back only an Audi and a few other car set off false alarms. Speed limit signs and auto door openers do set it off but I like the added sensitivity. The only downside is no GPS but if you use Waze you don't need it, IMO. It is my first experience with a detector tho so I don't have anything to compare it too.

I just looked and found one on craigs near me. Guy is asking 350... Don't really have much experience with radar stuff either. I had a passport forever ago that I bought just bc I was driving halfway across the country. Best buy didn't like it to much when I went to return it 1100 miles away from where I got it... lol