GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Could be better but hangin in.

Had to put my 19.5 year old cat down late last night. That was rough, but it was time. I ***thought*** I was prepared but..... nope.

So distracting myself with life again. lol?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I was putting through some threads on vortex and found this and a few others like it:

Lol back when my car was basically stock. Wow

Had to put my 19.5 year old cat down late last night. That was rough, but it was time. I ***thought*** I was prepared but..... nope.

Aw man so sorry to hear that

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

really sorry to hear that. doing the right thing doesn't make it easy to do or handle.

GolferGTI12

Ready to race!
I've got a blown motor, no idea what kind of shape the head is in because I haven't pulled it. Are you needing one in good shape or for a rebuild?
I was looking for one that was in decent shape to just swap onto my current engine, but I’m concerned I have deeper problems than just the head being the problem. Sooo time to find a whole engine to swap in and I’ll pull the current one and tear it down to see what’s wrong.
Shop quoted me $4100 for a new head, new cams, and camshaft bridge and that still may not fix my oil pressure issues lol

Former Honda Guy

Autocross Newbie

I’m sorry to hear about your cat. That’s always rough to do.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion

Sorry to hear that man. It's never easy.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I found a MINT low mileage SRT-4...I mean looks like brand new (in & out) with just under 12k miles on it and all stock.
MSRP was $22k new
They're asking $25k though :eek:

The wife kind of gave me the go ahead, but I'd be broke if I bought it. I wouldn't/couldn't pay the $25k though, which is insane. But it' soooo clean
And all that money for a car to sort of collect & rarely drive 🤷‍♂️

Well I was trying to consider this car, if they lowered the price quite a bit or were negotiable, but after they just upped the price by $3k after having it just up for sale for like 5 days......yeah, I can't even think about it now.
That's insane.

Here's the car:
https://www.premieremotorsportschic...-srt-4-w-11k-actual-miles-5-spd-manual-c-125/

GolNat

Autocross Champion