GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by jb606

1. J

The Time Has Come

Well I finally made up my mind to trade in the GTI today. Found a very low mileage CPO 2015 Audi A4 (Dealer loaner) at a good price and they made a really good offer on the GTI as a trade-in. I was really surprised to see how well the GTI held up for the past three years. Besides regular...
  2. J

GTI VCDS Oil Life Monitor

At the beginning of the year I took my 2012 GTI in to the dealership for its first oil change and funny enough they forgot to reset the service monitor. I was able to get in and reset the service monitor using VCDS but noticed something else that was interesting. There is a setting in there...
  3. J

Dealership VIN typo -- fun stuff

But to make a long story short when I bought my GTI this summer the dealership managed is mis-type my VIN in to the MVA registration database but somehow managed to give my bank and insurance company the correct info. A few months go by and I get a phone call from the insurance company to...
  4. J

2011 GTI 6 speed vs G35 Couple

I still have my G37xS, what a difference between the two cars. I wish the GTI had the steering feel the G does but I want the GTI seats in the G. The sport seats on the G37 are hard as rocks but damn does that thing likes to eat corners (and gas).
  5. J

Official Carbon Steel Grey GTI/Golf Thread

Just picked her up last weekend. Never thought a little car with dinky four banger would be such a hoot to drive!