GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Kevandra

1. K

iphone GPS Apps

Hello all, My old Garmin GPS finally bit the dust. Should I consider using my iphone for a gps before running out to purchase a new unit. I don't require all the live traffic updates, just basic navigation. I wonder if these apps truly replace a new GPS. Thanks for help and opinions. K
  2. K

Hand Polish

Good day all, The weather is turning around in the Toronto area and I am starting to get psyched for a full spring detail. Could someone recommend a decent polish that can be applied by hand? I have a black 2011 with some minor imperfections and swirls. I use Powerlock as a LSP. It seems...
  3. K

Bluetooth Question - Tiguan vs. GTI

Hello, We have a 2012 Tiguan and a 2011 GTI. When the phone rings in our Tiguan it takes over the touch screen radio. It shows who is calling and offers a touch pick-up. Is this a setting, my GTI does not do this. Perhaps it is a newer feature because the radios look the same. Any help is...
  4. K

Sealant over 3M Vinyl

Hello, We're having vinyl advertising affixed to our family vehicle this week (VW Tiguan). This stuff is quality 3M vinyl. I was asked to strip off the wax and sealant previously applied. Done. Does anyone know how to care for the vehicle once this product is applied? Can I layer Menzerna...
  5. K

Candy White Question

Hey folks, I just finished detailing our family hauler, a 2012 Candy White Tiguan. I found it very difficult to determine where my Menzerna Powerlock product was on the paint. It was difficult to pick up the white haze (perhaps it was the light I was in) on the white paint. The vehicle looks...
  6. K

Climatronic System - Fan Died

Hello, Has anyone else had the fan on the heating and a/c system stop working? All of the controls on the panel light up and the heated seats are operational - I can feel heat radiating from the dash but the fan/blower mechanism is dead. I assume this will be under warranty, but jeez this car...
  7. K

Carpet Refresh

Hello folks, This is my first vw and I must say, I'm not thrilled with the quality of the carpet. After one year the carpets are matted and tired looking. Is there a spray on and agitate type product you recommend or should I simply take it in for a professional steam clean? Thanks. K
  8. K

Black vs Tan Leather

Hello, We are about to purchase a new vehicle. Does anyone know if tan leather is any harder to keep clean than black? Would it age better? Any opinions are helpful. Thanks, K
  9. K

2011 Tiguan Owners

Thanks all, I appreciate the feedback!
  10. K

2011 Tiguan Owners

Thanks all, I appreciate the feedback!
  11. K

2011 Tiguan Owners

Hello all, We're in the market for a second family hauler and we are seriously considering a demo Tiguan. We don't need a bus; we only have one toddler and plan to keep it that way. Our garage is on the shallow side, so CRV and RAV will be a tight fit. I drove both and immediately wanted...
  12. K

Vinyl Auto Advertising

Hey Folks, Does anyone have any experience with the vinyl wraps and general advertising on the car? My wife is considering an ad for her automobile. I wonder if the the car will fade or discolour with these things on them? Does it complicate the wash process - she drives her through the...
  13. K

Cigarette Stink

Hello folks, I have the opportunity to purchase a three year old vehicle, at a great, price from family. Issue - this sucker stinks like smokes. Its a daily driver for two retired chain smokers. Is there any chance i could get rid of the smell. I doubt it but i am intrigued by the offer...
  14. K

Cleaning wheel wells

Hello, Can someone suggest a good brush to squeeze in between the tire and the body of the car to clean the wheel well? Has anyone else noticed that the rear is lined with a fabric type product. Heat or fire protection perhaps? Thanks. Kevndra
  15. K

Front lip scuffed

Hey folks, I curbed the bottom of the front lip pulling into a parking spot today and scratched the shyte out of the front of the car. It is too deep to buff out for sure. Is there any front end mod or kit that could be added? Alternatively, I'll have to touch up paint over it to hide the...