GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cleaning wheel wells

Kevandra

Ready to race!
Hello,

Can someone suggest a good brush to squeeze in between the tire and the body of the car to clean the wheel well? Has anyone else noticed that the rear is lined with a fabric type product. Heat or fire protection perhaps?

Thanks.
Kevndra

mk6fan

Ready to race!
Griot's Wheel Scrubber Brush (get the long handle)... Best I've ever used.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/three+wheel+scrubber+brushes.do?sortby=ourPicks

The Lug Nut Brush is also pretty handy.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/lug+nut+cleaning+brush.do?sortby=ourPicks

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I always give them a good scrubbing when I have the wheels off to clean the insides and detail the brake calipers. I squirt water up in there in the meantime.

Being lowered, I don't think I could bet any tool up in there unless I jacked the car up. The toilet brush is a clever, low-cost idea tho!

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
During my winter detail yesterday, I sprayed Adams APC up into the wells...I was disappointed to find that was all I could do since my friend's wheel well brush couldn't fit in between the gaps. That toilet bowl brush sounds like a good idea, though.

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
These are available at almost every dollar store around here.

Works perfectly for wheel barrels, wheel wells, underneath rocker panels, or anywhere you need something soft but agile!

And it's only $1!!!

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
^^That is exactly what I use on my wheels. Its great at getting inside the split spokes. The downside is that white piece you see, it always slips off so you have to reattach it. Otherwise, works great.

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
^^That is exactly what I use on my wheels. Its great at getting inside the split spokes. The downside is that white piece you see, it always slips off so you have to reattach it. Otherwise, works great.

Hmm, never experienced that.

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
I have the daytona speed wheel brush... Freaking awesome for getting in to those hard to reach spaces.

vwdeni

For the rims I use a brush used to wash the insides of bottles and jars. I just make sure it has no metal parts and it has soft brushes. Always worked fine on the BBS RS-GT's

golftdi4life

Passed Driver's Ed
I remove the wheels get the wheel well area good and wet using a strong stream of water. Then spray down with APC and a good agitation with a tire and wheel brush. Followed with a good rinse down do all four wheel wells.

makelja

Passed Driver's Ed
I also use a bottle brush for the behinds of the spokes. For then insides I have a Vikan wheel brush and a soft Vikan wheel brush for the spokes sides. Included the toilet brush I use four different brushes for wheels and arches.:iono: