GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Mercfh

1. M

14' GTI Parts Check - 2 Tensioners? (Revised part?)

So i got a list of part numbers for my 2014 GTI from the VW dealership using my vin. (for the whole timing chain tensioner thing) Thing is it shows 2 different part #'s one is 4, one is part 5. Part 4 - 06H 109 467 AE Part 5 - 06K 109 467 K there is a photo attached, with the schematic...
  2. M

My A/C takes FOREVER to get cold!

Does this happen to anyone else? car has like 4k miles on it, it's a 2014. But ever since I bought it the A/C takes a good 6-7 minutes to really start getting cold. Even then it's kinda weak. Or is the GTI's a/c just weak? my G/F's RSX blows MUCH colder air than the GTI.
  3. M

EPC Light + No Power Loss?

2014 GTI, 3k miles on it. Started car and epc light came on.....car drove fine/ no CEL? However by the time I parked I restarted the car and it didn't come back on. I did a search and most people with EPC light had power loss of some sort, mine felt fine. Any ideas?
  4. M

EPC Light on after starting car?

I did a search on this, but mostly it's instances where it came on and stayed on while driving. Weirdest thing today though, I drove to a fast food place went inside got in my car and turned my key. Car felt like it didn't wanna turn on so I let off the key then cranked it again. Turned on and...
  5. M

Lugging at low speeds?

So i've asked around about this before, but I guess I want to make sure what im doing actually isn't....."dangerous". So a lot of times going around curves or if traffic is being really stop and go ill keep it in a higher gear, maybe something like 4th gear at 30 mph (if I know im going to have...
  6. M

Whats your occupation?

Software developer for a company that does Conveyer/Warehouse System installs.
  7. M

Driving with AC On (Manual)?

So while im still somewhat new to the 6 speed, I've noticed that starting from a stop is....kinda juttery when I have the ac on. I can drive just fine, no issues when the AC is off, but soon as the AC is on, I have to rev it Quite high otherwise when I left off the clutch (even slowly) the...
  8. M

Clutch Engagment/Disengagement, Should I hear it?

I talked to my buddy about my car, and mentioned that I can hear the mechanical noise when depressing the clutch (I guess it disengaging/engaging) if I don't have the volume on and im driving slow. Is that normal for this kinda car? I mean the car feels fine....and is brand new basically (2k...
  9. M

Weird Click Noise when going into second?

So this is sorta odd, I noticed it about a week ago and have been able to replicate it 5 out of the 7 days last week. Car is a 2014 GTI (6 speed) with 1200 miles on it. So what happens, when I start the car in the morning after it has been sitting. When I go into second gear I will hear a...
  10. M

"Repair" Manual for GTI?

Is there anything of the sort? Like the Bentley repair manual? I know it's not "that" old of a car.....but still im curious. Thanks!
  11. M

Cars you wish weren't crap!

In this thread we discuss cars we like (regardless if it's looks/speed/etc..., whatever) but the cars themselves just really aren't very good. (And why!) I'll Start: Nissan 370z: Was one of the first cars I looked at before I got my GTI. First off......the interior feels cramped as hell...
  12. M

Weird Engine Hiss (After turning off car) + Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olj-M72e40k Sorry guys I realize you can't see anything. Regardless this was after the car was off, pretty much sounds like a hiss, sounds like it was coming from the front of the engine bay. Wasn't driving the car exceptionally hard. Went away after like 3 min...
  13. M

1 Month Driving a manual!, Have some questions with this car!

So I know this is sorta off-topic, but a lot of these questions I guess are really specific about this car. Im still pretty new to driving a manual, but figure I might as well ask. Also I realize some of these sound dumb, but i'd rather seem silly but be informed than be ignorant. Also i've...
  14. M

Downshifted from 6th to 3rd :(, anyone know RPM per MPH?

Well it was actually my dad test driving my new car, he's an experienced manual driver. we were cruising i'd say at under 70 for sure, prolly around 50-60 when he shifted from 6th to 3rd, if only for a second. I saw it Jump into the Redline....(im pretty sure) but im not really sure how much RPM...
  15. M

How long is it safe to hang in first gear?

So im relatively new to this car and manuals in general, my apartment complex has speed bumps ALL over the place, so im generally cruising at about 10mph then slowing down to like 1, then speeding back up alot. It hits about 3k RPM...and I don't know if it's safe for the engine. Also side...