GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

Stock ride height GTI with Denver's

So I recently gave up the low life and went back to my stock suspension. It's been a while since I've seen a stock GTI with denvers, and to me it seems my ride height is a bit too high. Does anyone have any reference pics of stock gti's with denvers? even the ones i've seen on google images...
  2. A

Original Coding for halogen headlights/stock tails

I'm finally turning by car back to stock, and that involves putting my stock halogens and stock taillights back. Only problem is I lost my original codes for byte 18! (used a friends laptop, which has since been sold). After some research it seems the original byte 18 for halogens/stock tails...
  3. A

Used OEM suspension

Has anyone ever swapped back to their used OEM suspension after years of storage? I got 4 year old OEM springs/shocks with only 5k miles on them when i swapped them out for coils, and i was wondering if it'd be ok to swap them back in or does years of storage in a box do something to the shocks...
  4. A

Issues with car warranty when shipped overseas?

Not a VW specific question, but a friend on FB was telling a story about someone who basically bought a Mazda RX8 in america, got stationed in Germany, shipped the car to Germany, and now is out of luck on a warranty claim since Mazda states warranties are void when shipping a car overseas. The...
  5. A

Boost surge/hesitation during WOT

So let me preface this with the fact that I did indeed search for similar terms, but most of the searches returned results regarding slipping clutches, with a couple pointing to the DV. Nothing concrete, so I decided to post a new thread. Basically, I've noticed for a while during hard...
  6. A

Bad coilpack

So i popped my coilpack cherry and had huge misfires on cylinder one last night. limped it over to the dealer about 5 miles away and got it replaced under warranty. Any ill effects driving around sounding like a subie for 5ish miles?
  7. A

FS: Blacked out sukuans retrofits

WTS My blacked out sukunas retrofits with morimoto mini h1's. Fully functioning with our without DDM tuning ballasts/morimoto xb35 4300k bulbs. Drivers side lens is slightly cloudy on the inside due to improper sealing from Sukunas himself. After i brought it up with him last year he...
  8. A

Euro switch question. it works but...

the lights on the euro switch itself doesn't seem to do much. I wired everything proper: For parking lights: pin #3 to black cecm pin #19). For the rear fog light: * trigger wire from switch pin #7 to black cecm pin# 17 * move wire from black cecm pin #28 to brown cecm pin #47 * move wire...
  9. A

Windshield streaking TSB's?

http://www.alldatadiy.com/TSB/62/106228b4.html Shows some TSB's for windshield streaking. Has anyone had these TSB's done? I've had streaking on my windshield while using my wipers (right in the middle of the wiper... where it connects to the arm) since day one and my dealership said there...
  10. A

road work!

So they're doing road work on the roads entering where i work, but in the roads they have these giant posts that come out of the ground to block traffic when needed. Those posts are in a seperate cement section that apparently comes out of the ground about 4-5 inches in height from the dug up...
  11. A

Bad diverter valve?

got me a check engine light! 1 Fault Found: 000665 - Boost Pressure Regulation P0299 - 000 - Control Range Not Reached - MIL ON Freeze Frame: Fault Status: 11100000 Fault Priority: 0 Fault Frequency: 1...
  12. A

battery distribution block?

So i have a wire harness with an inline fuse/relay, and I was wondering if I would be able to install the harness on that stock distribution block thing that's by the battery, or would it be better to just install it directly to the terminals on the battery? Main reason to use the distribution...
  13. A

BP Gas recall?

anybody use BP gas? They're issuing a recall lol. EDIT: Not just BP gas, but also other retail outlets confirmed. http://www.autoblog.com/2012/08/21/unusual-recall-of-the-week-bp-gasoline/
  14. A

VCDS messing with RCD-510?

So I just got my VAGCOM yesterday and popped my VCDS cherry by doing some basic vag tweaks, such as mirrors up/down via remote, cluster staging, LED tail light coding (used 22), and tried to disable TPMS but i still have the stupid light. Everything seems ok (sans TPMS light) but i've noticed...
  15. A

Tree sap?

I got a blob of tree sap on my car that I can't get out. I've soaked it in some detail spray with no luck. Figured I'd have a couple of options: 1) Use some sort of adhesive remover 2) Clay bar the SOB. Are there any other suggestions? Didn't want to do the adhesive/claybar since i'd...
  16. A

Downpipe bracket issue

I was trolling around another downpipe thread when i mentioned that my stock never removed downpipe popped out of the stock support bracket. figured i'd post pictures anybody ever have this issue before? lol edit: wft is tinypic down?
  17. A

Sukanas Retrofitted Headlights

Short story shorter: Picked up retrofitted headlights, drivers side arrived with shroud disconnected, shipped backed, he fixed, about a month after driving around, the drivers side has bad condensation (of which he guaranteed it would not or else he would fix at his expense) and the passenger...
  18. A

Head light aiming left/right

not sure if this is where i should be posting, but here we go! Got my new headlights installed, and vertically they seem ok, but the right/left aiming i'm not exactly sure on. The beams seem to get crosseyed the further away a wall is, so i'm assuming they're aimed too close together? Is...
  19. A

another dead gti

A tuner that knows how to treat their customer right! ::EDIT:: Long story short, my tuner is covering everything at no cost to me :D Thanks to everyone who contributed in this thread, and i'm glad to say i think i'll be ok from now on :D copy pasta from my post on the tex Happened driving...
  20. A

Front suspension loud grind?

Disclaimer: tried to search didn't find anything :p Not the subtle clunking noise that happens to everyone (myself included) short story short, every once in a great while i hear a terrible loud grind/clunk noise from my front suspension. Almost like the suspension bottoming out. Weird thing...