GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

Edward Snowden still a hero on this board?

Snowden is a traitor I can not discuss this much, but he should be shot.
  2. D

Do you think the 2013 accord v6 coupe is better...

I was looking for a 4 dr when I bought my GTI. I wanted a nimble, quick, 4 dr with auto tranny. Auto was a must, as I have pretty serious medical issues and shifting is sometimes not an option. In addition, it could not be too low...getting up and down is hard for me (multiple surgeries to...
  3. D

Stohlman or Linsdey for Service

Hi, I have a 2013 GTI with APR stage 1. I purchased the car new (sans APR) at Stohlman, but then red about Linsdey as a mod friendly dealer. Stohlman seems to be ok with minor mods: the service adviser told me APR stage 1 should not void the warranty. But, I thought I would ask...
  4. D

So like, how many womanz has you banged?

For me, it is an age thing....at 20 the number was low and 30 it was low....by 35, I went from being a geek to attractive (I did not change, I swear). I had a decent checking account and treated people like I was interested in them. That spread legs. Then I settled down. So, here is me by age...
  5. D

Commuting 150 miles per day: What car?

AWD and good gas mileage: Subaru Impreza
  6. D

MLB thread

Go Nats Jayson Werth, Denard Span and Bryce Harper may disagree. I won't talk about the bullpen right now though.
  7. D

North Korean Situation: Boiling Pot

North Korea has attacked South Korea unprovoked: torpedoing a navy vessel in 2010 and an artillery barrage in 2011. They have Nukes and Missiles. They threaten to attack us. They threaten to Nuke us. That is why we need to watch
  8. D

What was your first car?

My cars: 78 Diesel Rabbit 84 Honda Civic 82 Chevy Chevette (hey, it was a Vette) 91 Mercury Tracer 95 Ford Taurus 00 Honda Accord V6 01 SAAB 9-5 wagon 02 Toyota Camry 05 Subaru Forester 10 Toyota Prius 11 Subaru Outback 13 VW GTI Autobhn DGS
  9. D

Famous People You've Met, Know, or Known?

most of these were in passing: I did not seek them out. Steve Jobs -- He came to a meeting at my office; John Glenn -- While running for president Bill Clinton -- early in the 1992 primary Larry King -- on an airplane; IAD - SFO Barack Obama -- before he was famous, on an airplane from ORD...
  10. D

New Trend: Gallon smash prank

Where did you see that they paid for it? In the end, they agreed, after the fact. It is not funny when you have to clean up the mess. These are kids in an upper middle class neighborhood, families making 6 figures, probably, and showing no respect anyone else. And this is happening in my...
  11. D

AWD is overrated?

The big difference is when you hit 8 or 12"....this video was shot in 1". with 8-12 " the FWD might not get moving, even with snows. The best option, by far, is the one not tested: snows on AWD.
  12. D

AWD is overrated?

If AWD causes you to drive like an ass in the snow, then you are better off without AWD. With that said, my outback is great in the snow. It does not get stuck. It will get moving in places where the Camry can no. However, it will not stop quicker. I know that.
  13. D

Whats your occupation?

Research Scientist (geophysicist) supporting our nations needs, until I am sequestered out of a job
  14. D

If you had to choose something other than the GTI...?

Probably a 2013 Ford Fusion with the 2.0T engine. A