GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Jekyll991

Power drop-off after shifting.

Car: Cobb stage 1 v103 93oct high boost evoms intake catless 3" dp. Noticing something strange that sometimes happens when I do a fast shift from 3rd to 4th. After getting into 4th and going WOT it will lunge forward like normal then kind of choke back until it revs out a bit. You can even hear...
  2. Jekyll991

Replacing cracked swaybar, what else to replace?

Rotated my tires the other and was cleaning the salt and cleaning up some rust on the suspension I noticed my FSB was cracked. No idea how long its been like this but there was substantial rust around it, so I imagine it's been well over a year. I'm going to be replacing front rear with the...
  3. Jekyll991

17's to 18's fuel mileage drop.

Last Summer I finally replaced my factory 17's with a set of 18's. Running Nich Targa m129 and BFgoodrich g-force all seasons. The wheels are supposed to be the same weight as stock (25lbs) but I'm not sure on the tires. Lifting the two side by side there was no real noticeable difference...
  4. Jekyll991

FS: micro-can vagcom cable

SOLD $215 shipped. Paypal accepted.
  5. Jekyll991

Rubbed all the new off :[.

I'm never going to a gas station with diagonal pumps again. Creased inner wheel housing I was turning right while the pumps are angled left because somebody had the left side blocked off. All I could see was the top of a garbage can that I had plenty of room to get around. At first I...
  6. Jekyll991

GoPro EVOMS intake sound clip.

Boring and dreary day so I stuck the GoPro to my hood and tried to make a video. For some reason the sound came out terrible so I just cut one little section out of it where you can hear the harmonics of my EVOMS intake. It sounds incredibly annoying outside but you can hardly hear inside...
  7. Jekyll991

Powder coating service coming soon!

Just thought I'd let everyone know my father and I are starting a soda/bead blasting and powder coating service and should be starting to do things for customers fairly soon. We have everything about the process figured out - so now we just have to find the time to sit down and figure out...
  8. Jekyll991

calling b/s on seafoam.

I rebuilt my motorcycle a week or so ago and figured I'd give seafoam a try since the motor had been burning oil and I new there would be plenty of carbon build up. before: during: note that it is already cleaner because I wiped what I could off with a shop rag. after: It looks cleaner, but...
  9. Jekyll991

So far impressed with the snow performance.

Anyone else very impressed with snow handling? I was afraid with it being rather heavy all that inertia would be a downfall, but it doesn't appear to be so. Last week or so I went down some 2 lane road and in places there was 2-3 inches of slush, there was one or two turns where I felt the...
  10. Jekyll991

Oil spots on rear valence after 10k service..

Been neglecting my car a little thanks to finals coming up and noticed spots of oil in the dust of on the rear valence. Checked my oil and it's right below max when the engine is cold/on level ground, so I look under it and the aluminum cradle is covered in oil, some oil dripping from the oil...
  11. Jekyll991

Color matched grill.

All the pictures I've seen with a painted grill also have a golf grill or the front lip so I figured since I finally got around to painting mine I'd post a picture on my otherwise stock car. I was really impressed with the color match, previously we've had trouble matching red cars, but we were...
  12. Jekyll991

Anyone else notice "XDS" kicking in while cornering/decelerating?

I'm not sure if XDS is the correct reference, but what I'm talking about is how our cars brake on the inside wheel of corner. Does this feature only activate when under 55mph? I first noticed something while driving on some twisty ass backroads on the way to downhill race, I came into the curve...
  13. Jekyll991

And I thought subaru's paint was bad.

VW has to use what is easily the worst paint I have ever seen. I've own my car for over 6 months with <6k miles on it. Any forward facing painted surface is ate up with very minute specs that looks someone stood back with a sand blaster from fairly far away and just had it. I also already have...
  14. Jekyll991

Dirty dubbin'.

Went to my second downhill race this weekend in North Carolina. God damn GPS turned a 3.5hr drive I probably could have managed on my own into a 6 hour excursion through terrible back-country single lane roads, about an hour's worth of gravel road, and it tried to tell take some path that would...
  15. Jekyll991

PG performance BSH MK6 TSI catch can group buy.

USA (Pickup @ Blaine, WA Warehouse & Shipping in the USA excl. Hawaii & Alaska) PRICE INCLUDES SHIPPING IN USA Competition: $225USD (Must pay IN USD) Race: $265 (Must pay IN USD) British Columbia (Pickup @ PG Performance) Competition: $250CDN + GST + PST Race: $290CDN + GST + PST Elsewhere...
  16. Jekyll991

Your average fuel mileage.

Today I got 34.7 mpg on my trip home from school. Could have gotten better if it weren't for idiotic coal truck drivers, steep hills, and a few red lights. I also went WOT like twice through 2nd and 3rd. Overall average is 26.8 thanks to a few country back road runs. I'm very surprised at the...
  17. Jekyll991

Catch can questions.

After seeing some pictures of caked-up valves, and the gunk that peoples' catch cans have caught, I really want to set one up on my MKVI. Why exactly does the BSH kit require the stage 2 intake pipe? And are catch cans easily reversed so I can put everything back to stock before I take it in...
  18. Jekyll991

Possible HID solution for us with halogens.

The OEM xenons were a bit out of my price range, and honestly I don't like the look of the housing itself, it's actually what me not like the look of the MKVI's when I first seen them, but I find myself missing my ghetto HID-kit I have on my celica. Anyway, what I've stumbled upon is a...
  19. Jekyll991

How soon for first oil change?

So, how long should I wait before I change the oil for the first time? I'm approaching 400 miles right now so I guess I still have plenty of time but I'm curious as to when you all changed yours'. And do dealers only do the whole free service thing at every 10k miles or will they do every 6-8...
  20. Jekyll991

New owner here!

Picked up this baby yesterday: I first went to look an 07 used one, but I didn't even end up going to the dealership that had that one, the interior being so much nicer in the MKVI is what mainly sold me, that and the TSI engine. Is there any way to adjust the bass/treble setting on the...