GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

*****2.0t build thread

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Wiring for the Aquamist is done. Need to mount the tank (which is already 1/2 complete), mount the solenoid, runs lines to the manifold which is already tapped and I should be ready to do some testing and tuning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
For anyone interested in my Aquamist install progress. Got the FAV mounted last night. Line is all covered and everything is ziptied in place. Need to finish mounting the tank, bleed the system and check each jet to make sure none are clogged or anything, and run the lines to the manifold. Almost done!

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
Looking Good!

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Aquamist is finally fully plumbed and working. It's pretty awesome! Have some tweaks to do to the board and timing to add to the file but what meth has already done for injection times with zero tweaks is amazing.

Tires mounted and wheels waxed. Will probably go on next week.

Also got tired of my nasty falling apart heat shield and heat taped it. Came out pretty decent. Also did the battery hold down and intake bracket, but they look too tacky and will be removed and repainted black.

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Awww yeah, the sun is shining and the meth is spraying! Glad to hear the Aquamist system is up and running without issues. Looking forward to hear your thoughts once you get it tweaked. Cars gonna look good.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Awww yeah, the sun is shining and the meth is spraying! Glad to hear the Aquamist system is up and running without issues. Looking forward to hear your thoughts once you get it tweaked. Cars gonna look good.

Thanks man!

Nice build dude!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Thanks!

I wanna know all your comments and thoughts about the Aquamist as I am supposed to install mine this month.

Well I only did one log and the fueling was so much better it wasn't even funny. I got to work though and after some more research and help from Hyde I found out my board was totally setup wrong (was supposed to be pre-set from factory and it wasn't). Even with that, it felt awesome, like really awesome. Will update more as I get the board set completely right and start flashing on my higher timing files!

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
That shield is HOT :yikes: #allThePuns

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Wheels on. Car is disgusting and it's supposed to rain for like the next 2 weeks so I didn't even attempt to wash it. The wheel, in my opinion, look freaking awesome though.

Also changed my filter again, and am going to make a better bracket to hold it up.

And I blocked off my front PCV and ran a dump hose off the back to the ground. I was sick and tired of the rear connection leaking oil all over everything. I thought it was the turbo at first and realized it was coming out the PCV.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
PCV dump caused a TINY rear main seal seepage. Hooked the PCV back up and made a new non leaking connection for the rear hose. Also replaced my turbo drain line gasket I suspect was slowly seeping.

Waiting on the CNC adapter for the spring loaded rear main seal from iABED Engineering. Also ordered an updated throw out bearing and flywheel bolts and another stage 3 clutch disk to swap out when I do the rear main seal. Really wasn't looking forward to dropping this trans again, but this is life I guess.

Also added a crap ton of timing that is working nicely with the water meth. The car is a monster right now! I just posted a short clip on my instagram (nick0188) of a little pull.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
No pics, but an update none the less.

-5 bar sensor installed so my tru-boost now reads over 29psi
-Inline Aquamist high pressure filter installed before the FAV
-Sold my old Valentine V1 and bought a new updated one with all the latest features
-Double Apex Mute button ordered and should be here tomorrow
-New Stoptech Street brake pads going on the front (boxster calipers seem to eat pads)
-Received my INA billet rear main seal
-Also received a new drop in disk to couple with my prototype southbend PP when I do the RMS (going to do this next Monday)
-Also got a new all metal TOB and flywheel bolts while I'm in there
-And lastly stocked up on another 5 gallons of VP M1. Meth lasts a long time when cruising, but during testing to add timing I'm blowing through it doing WOT runs to log

Currently at ~28PSI, 18.5 degrees on ignition advance without issue. Doing one last round of logs to make sure timing pull is at or close to zero, which it should be, before calling it a day on the tune. Next step in getting it on a dyno to see what a year of mods, testing, logging, tuning, logging, tuning, aquamist, logging, tuning, repeat 58000 more times, has achieved for me :laugh:

In the end, I can say I tuned it 100% myself. Although it should make 450whp no problem, if it's any less I still have the pride of knowing I did it ALL myself.