GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

5.0 Mustangs...

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Their cars that are on trains now may be sold.

here's a link to a large pic of the underside of the car that shows the exhaust and suitcase.

http://i.imgur.com/QYInInk.jpg

Got it... well first year cars are rough... I am not sure i'd take that risk. At least 6 month until good info on this car is out... it'll be pretty rare just like last time...

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Today my car's build date changed. It used to be 10/27 and now it is 10/17. I could have it by the end of the month if everything times out right with shipping.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Saw a '15 today in blue dont know if it was the 5.0, ecoboost, or v6. It was behind me in light traffic..A female was driving it ....I definitely would take it though in white ...maybe black (but so hard to keep clean) ...

Definitely a contender for next year against the sti

I don't know how I feel about the 5.0s ... drove two now... They are certainly not bad cars... but not great either... hmmm Curious about the new gen though... prob not the 5.0 It seems foolish to go for a 40k mustang when you can get one with the exact same performance barely used for 30k

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
I don't know how I feel about the 5.0s ... drove two now... They are certainly not bad cars... but not great either... hmmm Curious about the new gen though... prob not the 5.0 It seems foolish to go for a 40k mustang when you can get one with the exact same performance barely used for 30k

They need a LOT of suspension work IMO. I hate the boaty feeling around turns. Dampers, springs, watts link, sway bars at a minimum for me.

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion

"barely used" + "mustang" does not compute.

Is that like "gently abused" ? ;)

You know I don't like used, but after reading the Mustang forums I know I could never buy a used Mustang that wasn't going to be a restoration project. Too many "Bros" driving them.

"Brand new", "Barely Used":

:laugh:

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Uh, yeah. First customer deliveries happened about 2 weeks ago. ; . Some cars made it to California and were sold last weekend too. I saw 2 of them on my commute last week.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
"barely used" + "mustang" does not compute.

Is that like "gently abused" ? ;)

You know I don't like used, but after reading the Mustang forums I know I could never buy a used Mustang that wasn't going to be a restoration project. Too many "Bros" driving them.

"Brand new", "Barely Used":

:laugh:
Im with you on this but it depends on the car ...one I drove with 25k miles and it felt like it had 100k the other I drove last night with 21k and it felt/looked new. But at the end of the day that mustang stigma... Fak

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Im with you on this but it depends on the car ...one I drove with 25k miles and it felt like it had 100k the other I drove last night with 21k and it felt/looked new. But at the end of the day that mustang stigma... Fak

My reply was mostly tongue in cheek, but yeah.

Problem is, for this kind of car there will always be a stigma with them. Even the best will be frowned upon by douchebags in their slower less sporty BMW/Audi/whatever.

Mustang: Bro
Camaro: Redneck
Corvette: Gold Chain Disco Old Man
Dodge: Dirt ball mullet guy that dates his 13 year old cousin.

However, those cars beat the crap out of the douche mobiles is many areas, unless you buy one that is 2-3x the price.

Going to go drive the 1LE today, I'll wear a wifebeater and see how it feels.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Uh, yeah. First customer deliveries happened about 2 weeks ago. ; . Some cars made it to California and were sold last weekend too. I saw 2 of them on my commute last week.
We aren't as cool in Kansas. Only one or two in KC

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
We aren't as cool in Kansas. Only one or two in KC

Kansas is cool... I think it's just you. ;)

Stainless Works has a new catback for the car and they replace the X pipe with an H pipe. Making all the Mustang guys happy since they love the traditional sound of the H.

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
My reply was mostly tongue in cheek, but yeah.

Problem is, for this kind of car there will always be a stigma with them. Even the best will be frowned upon by douchebags in their slower less sporty BMW/Audi/whatever.

Mustang: Bro
Camaro: Redneck
Corvette: Gold Chain Disco Old Man
Dodge: Dirt ball mullet guy that dates his 13 year old cousin.

However, those cars beat the crap out of the douche mobiles is many areas, unless you buy one that is 2-3x the price.

Going to go drive the 1LE today, I'll wear a wifebeater and see how it feels.

in4updates

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
in4updates

Checked out the 1LE.

Positives:

It's nice, there is no doubt about it.
Firm suspension.
LS3
Short shifter in the package is pretty darned good and the MGW would only be marginally better.
Interior is solid.
2SS has HUD
The micro-suede shifter and wheel remind me of my C7 and I feel right at home in it from that perspective.
The flat bottom wheel is better than the round wheel in my C7.
The 3.91 gears make the car snappy, even for being 3,831 pounds as shipped (according to this order sheet).

Negatives:

Interior is ugly to look at.
Design being long in the tooth is accurate.
Anyone that isn't a real fan would never know it's semi-special and it would blend in as "another Camaro".
Although the trunk is quite large, the opening is pretty darned small. I could fit a lot of smaller items in there, but anything with girth could not fit in the opening.

Walked out with the invoice/order sheet to think about it. The MSRP is $46,265. I can get it for Supplier price, but that only knocks it down to $44,017.01. Employee price is $42,304.13. The total, less holdback and Wholesale Finance is $42,804.73.

There was no getting them to give me less than Supplier on this car, but they were happy to do that. I had a number in my head of $46k out the door, which with tax and license would have needed the car to be $42,000. At that price I probably would have been writing a check and driving away with it.

So, after them letting me leave and grabbing some food I was kinda back on the fence and think the Mustang will be better.

I took the wife to see a '15 GT with the anniversary package today at a dealer near home. Since it is the AP, it has the upgraded interior package that I ordered on my silver GT. It's actually really nice and the upgraded leather and stitching is very good. I had not seen this interior trim yet, I had only seen the basic "Premium" model interior. The wife liked the Camaro, but really liked the Mustang interior more and made a good point that I have been wrestling with but hadn't mentioned to her. She pointed out that she knew that in 18 months I would probably want the new Camaro and not to be driving the "old one". So she voted for the Mustang since it's a fresh remodel. Yeah, I married a smart chick. :)

Oh, yeah... I almost had my wife convinced to let me commute in a new 2015 Z/28. She liked it a lot, then she saw the window sticker. :laugh: The brakes on that car are so, so gorgeous.