2014 Model...
Coupe
V6 Manual 3496
V6 Automatic 3518
GT Manual 3618
GT Automatic 3675

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
GS do you have any info on the Mustang powerplants? Will ford retain the 5.0 or tweak it next year... fucking over the first year dudes...

Unknown.

I'm sure they will tweak it a bit and they are also going to release the GT350 too, so another model with more power.

I've already got contacts out to Vortech and a Ford Racing/Roush reseller for deals on their blowers. Just need to decide on centri, or TVS.

:)

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Unknown.

I'm sure they will tweak it a bit and they are also going to release the GT350 too, so another model with more power.

I've already got contacts out to Vortech and a Ford Racing/Roush reseller for deals on their blowers. Just need to decide on centri, or TVS.

:)

Have you actually driven the new gen mustang? And or the last gen?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Have not driven the 2015 yet, but I rode the ECOBoost very briefly.

I drove a few 2014 track pack GTs when I was looking last year.

Hmm I see, so you're pretty much where I am at with this. I have seen the new interiors and it is pretty tempting... I really like the exterior/interior but the powertrains are kind of blah... 5.0 is great but you can get a 2013 model for 12-15k less.

Did they update the transmission as well?

How was the ecoboost? It is a full 8k cheaper than a GT Premium..

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Hmm I see, so you're pretty much where I am at with this. I have seen the new interiors and it is pretty tempting... I really like the exterior/interior but the powertrains are kind of blah... 5.0 is great but you can get a 2013 model for 12-15k less.

Did they update the transmission as well?

How was the ecoboost? It is a full 8k cheaper than a GT Premium..

I think the ECOboost was pretty good, but to me a Mustang w/o a 5.0 is not a Mustang and I can't do it. The thing really had great torque though and felt strong.

The interior is much better. Sitting in the car it's obvious fast that they upped their standards. The "base" seats have a lot of support like the old Recaro's, but still comfortable for daily and long distance driving.

There's a lot of questions about the motors right now. Two different exhaust companies have released dyno sheets of their cat back systems that remove the suitcase and add an X-Pipe. Gibson and Magnaflow, and both show numbers of ~30hp gains. I know.... I know. I never believe that crap ever, but this one is questionable that two different shops with dynos pulled off the same range of increase with no claimed tuning. A guy from Magnaflow joined the Mustang forum to back up the dyno charts and seemed pretty legit on his responses. The GT is pretty quiet outside due to being a "world car" and having to meet some restrictions, according to leaked sources, so opening it up may make a big difference. Again, who knows.

I do know that Ford Racing also claims that their Borla built cat-back that removes the suitcase is 30 pounds lighter than the stock exhaust. It seems the stock system is made of steel, lead and rocks. :)

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Usually stock exhaust doesn't rust for 10-20 years whereas magnablow usually craps out way sooner hence the weight.

The stock mustang sounds great at least the 2012 I drove. To me it is one of the most redeeming qualities of the car. Ford essentially tuned it for ya...

2015 who knows I guess. In the videos it sounds great, but it seems like they may have been all press models so they could have had loud exhaust in there on purpose.

My local fraud dealer told me they won't get any new stangs until 10/15...

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
to demonstrate the super quiet exhaust:

I hear as much or more tire as exhaust.

WTF is wrong with this video... something is up...

The stock mustang is loud as fuck. And pretty damn raspy

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
sounds same here... another stock stang

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Usually stock exhaust doesn't rust for 10-20 years whereas magnablow usually craps out way sooner hence the weight.

The stock mustang sounds great at least the 2012 I drove. To me it is one of the most redeeming qualities of the car. Ford essentially tuned it for ya...

2015 who knows I guess. In the videos it sounds great, but it seems like they may have been all press models so they could have had loud exhaust in there on purpose.

My local fraud dealer told me they won't get any new stangs until 10/15...

So, the deal on the cars is that the initial builds before the "OK TO BUY" date were strictly for dealer stock and went into QC hold to be inspected. Some of those cars have shipped, others have not and some have been scheduled to be destroyed.

For GT Premiums (all I've been tracking) since the OK date they have been shipping cars, Morgan Hill has one that should be in the showroom today or tomorrow. Dixon has one coming in the next couple days as well as Serramonte.

New cars off the line 3 days ago have already shipped so the QC issues are fixed on cars coming off the line. My ordered car is scheduled to be built on 10/27. I am going to pass on the pre-OK TO BUY car, even if it looks okay when it shows up.

This driver sucks, but the car looks pretty good on the track as far as body roll:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Serramonte told me 10/15 holy fat dude in that last vid. :laugh:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Those are pre-production units. Likely the Ford Racing Borla setup.

Also, the interior is quieter, but the shipping stock system is not as loud as those.

The 2012 model I drove was probably the "loudest" stock car I have driven... ford tuned at least the last gen pretty good.