GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A_Bowers Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_Bowers

Man, I wish. Everything I've done and it's loads better than stock, but I just can't bring it home. I think super high level summer tires will help most of all, can't afford a Wavetrac and installation.

You and I have arrived at almost the same destination by two different routes.

I'm waiting on sways, and you on the bracing.

I guess I was able to feel more because I only had the springs done to the car vs your struts/sways/springs.

Its been nice to do everything one by one and eliminate quirks and characteristics that show after one has been eliminated.

Noize

Go Kart Champion
You and I have arrived at almost the same destination by two different routes.

I'm waiting on sways, and you on the bracing.

I guess I was able to feel more because I only had the springs done to the car vs your struts/sways/springs.

Its been nice to do everything one by one and eliminate quirks and characteristics that show after one has been eliminated.

Hahaha!!! The same destination minus 100+ whp more that your rocket has! :D

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Back roads are flat out scary now. Holy chit.

K04 is quite a bit to handle on twisty small two lanes. You have to be super careful with the throttle or else you spit yourself off the rosd

Told ya :)

timneedscoffee10

Go Kart Champion
Back roads are flat out scary now. Holy chit.

K04 is quite a bit to handle on twisty small two lanes. You have to be super careful with the throttle or else you spit yourself off the rosd

Wait, isn't that the point? :)
I live in twisty, hilly, 2-lane highway country.

Can't wait to have my SB stg 3 next week so she'll finally hold the power down

A_Bowers

VAGlover1

Ready to race!
its intense for sure.

Its crazy. Stupid fast. I would love to see how this thing does on the race track.

Bowers part out for track setup!?!? Dibs on sloppy parts...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

A_Bowers

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
Honestly I don,t see why people whine about the XB compromising the hatch. If I am going to haul something long, I know about it in advance, pull out the allen wrench and pull out the XB, 4 screws 5 mins max. I may have removed it 4 times or so in the last year. I keep the wrench in the hatch in the foam compartment so the I can take it out on the road if I have to. If you only want it in for track days then just keep it out on a regular basis and install at the same time as your track wheels. When I first installed the XB I f'ed up one of the nutserts and only had three screws holding it in. In any corner you could hear the XB creak as it was transferring loads. The creaking went away as soon as I got a replacement nutsert and the car felt much stiffer. I know noize doesn't think it is a good bang for the buck, but I don't regret it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.