GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Accusump Install/Discussion

onefastGTI1

Ready to race!
how do you wire the LED? Do you just get a tap and tap it into the ignition wire of the switch? I used to hear something before when I turn on the accusump, now I don't hear anything anymore so I think that one of the wire might be bad.

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
What sandwich plate are you guys running if you have the accusump, a oil temp, and oil pressure guage? Would it be possible to use on and block off a port with a bolt until I get all the accusump parts in?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

onefastGTI1

Ready to race!
I'm using the INA's supplied sandwich plate, which is just a Mocal sandwich plate. The one I have has a built in thermostat unlike OP, which doesn't. I have this one but with different fittings.

http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/product/14809/Mocal_Sandwich_Plate

I however don't know the thread of the adapter bolt

The sandwich plate takes literally 5 mins to put on so I would advise to do it last and focus on measuring the hoses and fittings. It's a veryyyyyyy tight fit, I have to unbolt the coolant line? or something for it to fit. You would also need a 1-inch socket.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
how do you wire the LED? Do you just get a tap and tap it into the ignition wire of the switch? I used to hear something before when I turn on the accusump, now I don't hear anything anymore so I think that one of the wire might be bad.

my wire is connected to the line between the solenoid and accumulator, into the cabin to an led, and then grounded. whenever the solenoid opens, it makes power and lights up the led.

I'm using the INA's supplied sandwich plate, which is just a Mocal sandwich plate. The one I have has a built in thermostat unlike OP, which doesn't. I have this one but with different fittings.

http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/product/14809/Mocal_Sandwich_Plate

I however don't know the thread of the adapter bolt

The sandwich plate takes literally 5 mins to put on so I would advise to do it last and focus on measuring the hoses and fittings. It's a veryyyyyyy tight fit, I have to unbolt the coolant line? or something for it to fit. You would also need a 1-inch socket.

We can't just use this with the threaded portion from an oil filter?

https://www.fourseasontuning.com/mo...mostatic-sandwhich-plate-kit.html?mfg_id=1104

the only issue is the adapter in the middle. I couldn't find that thread at any hardware store.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
the only issue is the adapter in the middle. I couldn't find that thread at any hardware store.

Well my sandwich plate should be here Friday. It was my assumption that you can use the piece they give you screwed onto the piece from an oil filter (see picture) and it all screws together. Hopefully I'm not wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kern417

Go Kart Champion
if so that would be awesome. i didn't realize they sent the extension with the sandwich plate, i have been looking all over for the name of that hardware.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Just got my stuff from Four Season Tuning. Extension fits the part from the oil filter, and all screws together as expected (tested on my extra cooler assembly).

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Just got my stuff from Four Season Tuning. Extension fits the part from the oil filter, and all screws together as expected (tested on my extra cooler assembly).

How hard is it to take off that cooler assembly? What all does it entail?

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
How hard is it to take off that cooler assembly? What all does it entail?

This is off one of my spare motors. But to do that in the car, alternator and a/c compressor need to come off. And this connects to the waterpump, but I don't see why you couldn't get this off while leaving the pump on. Obviously you'll be rained on with coolant, and oil, but that's a different story.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
This is off one of my spare motors. But to do that in the car, alternator and a/c compressor need to come off. And this connects to the waterpump, but I don't see why you couldn't get this off while leaving the pump on. Obviously you'll be rained on with coolant, and oil, but that's a different story.

What about just removing the oil cooler? Or does the whole assembly have to come off?

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
What about just removing the oil cooler? Or does the whole assembly have to come off?

You either need to remove the water pump or remove the alternator/a/c compressor and the whole assembly to get the cooler out. The water pump is the easier route.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
good find man so basically you don't need anything other than the piece from your oil filter to make the kit work.

ncsugray90

Ready to race!

So the threaded portion in the center of the sandwich plate came off an old oil filter and screwed straight into the Mocal plate? If so that's awesome, makes life looking forward much more simple, haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk