GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any old fogeys like me with a GTI - I'm 43

Shini

Go Kart Champion
Hey man, having hair at 57 is the accomplishment. The car is a bonus!

AMEN! I'm 26 and have really thin hair in the back to the front, started at the age of 24...BE GRACIOUS YOU GOT IT!

1hughesar

Banned
Im 46 and just made a 2011 GTI AB 6M purchase...I like the GTI so much my Lexus GX470 just sits in the garage now...

I looked at many cars prior to the GTI and test drove a 2012 and really liked the fit and finish and the relatively low price for the car...I will pass it off in 3 years to my son when he gets ready to drive..

Hornblower

Passed Driver's Ed
67 here and lovin' it. Nobody can say this is mid-life crisis since I'm way beyond that. Previous fun ride was an '07 Honda S2000 but this car is almost as much fun and considerably more comfortable. Also, the DSG with those paddle shifters is fantastic.

AXO

Go Kart Champion
It is now proven that the GTI is an Old Fogey Ride! :23::bellyroll::w00t:

951 Kaos

I was 46 years old when I bought my first GTI, a 1999 MK4; I will be 59 next month (I can't believe I have been retired for the last 6 years) and last February I aquired a 4dr 2012 MK6 GTI 6 speed MT. Had several SUV's and cars between the GTI's and found the GTI to be the best all round vehicle. It does not portray you as a wantabee 18 year old like a Suby STi does; as the GTI is more of a touring car than a real performance hot rod.

GOLF NUTT

Drag Race Newbie
Just turned 65 so 43 is young. I've been driving VWs since 1962 when I had a new bug.
GTI is a fine car for you, you'll love it. And who cares what others say or think? It's your car and money buy what makes you happy.

JoeInKS

Nope...... just enjoying the read. Getting totally enthusiastic on my decision. Now if I could just decide, "to Autobahn or not to Autobahn, that is the question"

Thanks again everyone for all of your posts. Really appreciate the feedback.

ATC2

Ready to race!
Nope...... just enjoying the read. Getting totally enthusiastic on my decision. Now if I could just decide, "to Autobahn or not to Autobahn, that is the question"

Definitely Autobahn... but if you don't you'll still be happy, but get the Autobahn.

yunone

Ready to race!

Reasons why I went autobahn..

Kessy
Leather
Adequate nav
Xenon lights
I like overspending for German features...

If you can fork out the extra cash for autobahn then I say go for it... Plaid is rad but leather looks better :)

elwood1

Ready to race!

I didn't plan to buy the Autobahn, but my dealer had 2 he REALLY wanted to sell and the deal was too good to pass up. Now that I have had it for about 6 weeks, I love the Autobahn and am glad I have it.

Rackness

The gti is a drivers car not a midlife crisis machine. Just don't go get an earring and start spray tanning and I don't think anyone will accuse you of a midlife crisis.

Tech72

Ready to race!
I got my first GTI @ 39 y/o, which is apparently the average age of GTI ownership. Not too early, never too late.