GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR 2.0 TSI K04 v3.1 Software Now Available!

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
These files are all going to be on the ragged edge now. None seem like they are safe for repeated track duty. K04 v3.1 included. You've gotta run it in 91 or get meth to be safe. I would've rathered less power and a safe file in the most grueling conditions. The files are basically rice rocket street racing files now since it seems all anyone cares about is peak numbers for dick waggin braggin rights or doing one or two pulls street racing. #lame

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Have they officially released numbers? Did a quick look and didn't find anything.

Sent via my moto /g/ machine
Wideopentuning posted their 91oct dynojet chart in the new stage 1 file thread.
These files are all going to be on the ragged edge now. None seem like they are safe for repeated track duty. K04 v3.1 included. You've gotta run it in 91 or get meth to be safe. I would've rathered less power and a safe file in the most grueling conditions. The files are basically rice rocket street racing files now since it seems all anyone cares about is peak numbers for dick waggin braggin rights or doing one or two pulls street racing. #lame
I wouldn't run out on the jagged edge at the track, either. No way. In fact, especially when the oil is sloshing around, the 7300rpm redline is the most dangerous part.

My 90k mile car is going to be in stock load level mode at Autobahn CC Monday. Maybe the 91 low output file if I feel comfortable with how it's running.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Wideopentuning

Ready to race!
K04 is still a different league for sure. My brother has Tsi K04 MKV and still jumps an easy 5-7 cars in no time when we go to Mexico and run.

CiHKAL1

Ready to race!
Yea...'so far"...
Shit, I almost forgot what post I was on and that I decided to mod my car fully knowing the risks associated. 67k miles without issues as my daily, not to mention I got the itch and went stage 1 at 10k.

Then again I don't beat the hell out of my car and am very strict on maintaining it. Who knew that helped [emoji8]

Sent via my moto /g/ machine

Last edited:

GroceriesVR6

Passed Driver's Ed

Very well said.

Motodude310

Go Kart Champion
Not sure why anybofy would say the 93 file isn't safe. I've been running v 3.1 since it was released with no issues. Anybody that's had engine failure was probably neglecting an issue and not logging their car to make sure everything is healthy. Meth is a nice addition for a small octane bump and cooling to round out the 93 file nicely. I added a kit this spring and will never look back. When it's 90 degrees out the car pulls like a goddamn freight train.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Not sure why anybofy would say the 93 file isn't safe. I've been running v 3.1 since it was released with no issues. Anybody that's had engine failure was probably neglecting an issue and not logging their car to make sure everything is healthy. Meth is a nice addition for a small octane bump and cooling to round out the 93 file nicely. I added a kit this spring and will never look back. When it's 90 degrees out the car pulls like a goddamn freight train.

Thing is, with the previous APR K04 file (v2), there were no reported incidents on the forum that I saw of folks popping motors. It was always plug & play. I would consider myself pretty savvy considering I installed my K04 (twice) but I am not as savvy on the logging aspect though.

The kit was always marketed as a simple plug & play solution. You didn't even need an intake or downpipe originally. They said, hey, drop this puppy in and you're good to go!

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie

I cant stress this enough. Had the privilege of great fuel when i was living in Germany and always kept the car in the 93oct mode (I dont run meth). The car always felt unchained. Id loose traction in first and sometimes in second despite having mounts all around and loads of braces. Even on acceleration the car seemed to just be coming unglued.

Now in cali with cheap 91oct fuel i run the 91 map. Less power and torque? absolutely; but the delivery is fantastic. The acceleration feels smoother and cleaner (idk how else to put it). Plus since my car has dropped over hundred pounds and the fluidampr pulley goes in soon... id be willing to bet my speed is comparable to when i ran the 93 map

I wouldn't run out on the jagged edge at the track, either. No way. In fact, especially when the oil is sloshing around, the 7300rpm redline is the most dangerous part.

My 90k mile car is going to be in stock load level mode at Autobahn CC Monday. Maybe the 91 low output file if I feel comfortable with how it's running.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Oil starvation is a real issue in these cars. Unless youve taken precautions to prevent it (new sump pan or an aux pump) its a very real risk.

I track my car on occasion but nothing too crazy. That being said... pretty sure all it takes is one bad day :/

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
Thing is, with the previous APR K04 file (v2), there were no reported incidents on the forum that I saw of folks popping motors. It was always plug & play. I would consider myself pretty savvy considering I installed my K04 (twice) but I am not as savvy on the logging aspect though.

The kit was always marketed as a simple plug & play solution. You didn't even need an intake or downpipe originally. They said, hey, drop this puppy in and you're good to go!

Weren't the few that were posted on here because of fueling / detonation issues? If I remember correctly, one guy was having fuel pump problems, yet still did some texas mile run in like 100deg weather with the wrong plugs? and another was someone who was running a 100oct file with meth injection, and his pump died? Something like that. I wouldn't consider those the norm. From what I've seen, the race tune is really aggressive timing wise, it's stated to be run with specific race gas, and that they do not recommend running meth injection, and won't support it. It's a gamble, but any kind of racing is.

rawradrian

Ready to race!
Help!

I'm trying to get my car to pass emissions. I have Apr k04 v3.1 and a downpipe with a 400cell cat. I had the etest done on my 91 octane file and of course oxygen sensor isn't ready.

I put it back to stock mode and got a cel. Do I need to use vcds to clear the cel, force readiness and then go to emisiion test before the cel comes back on? Or do I need a 02 spacer or is it something completely different?

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
You can clear the CEL and try to run your car through an entire cycle to set readiness before it throws a code again otherwise you're probably going to need an O2 spacer. Had to get one for mine this summer.

Last edited:

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion

Anything is going to be a risk when you have a car of any kind. And especially if you mod it.

I think adding wmi along with whichever fuel you are tuned for is a good safeguard to help get that bit of extra cooling and sort of adding fuel.

Most files I've seen are close to each other when it comes to power output now.