GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the 2.0 TSI ECU Update (Version 2.0!)

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
The dsg in my a3 qauttro has always been a tiny bit clunky with clutch engagement ( I assume because early 2010 car so it is a bit out dated) but, now it's clunky all the time and the power just comes on very strangely. I'll get on the gas pedal and the car will kind of hesitate and then jump up to 3k rpm and accelerate hard. Is that what everyone else is kind of expereincing? Also, I am not sure if it is from the tune or carbon build up ( I am at 46k miles) but I'll occasionally get a random misfire code. I'll clear it then it won't come back sometimes for days and some times for weeks.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
so 2.4 may actually make it to a final release huh? Interesting. Will be wildly surprised if it fixes any of the DSG shifting issues - although my local tuner claims they have had zero complaints with the 2.x updates and MK6 owners.......... except me, lol

i dont think thats all that far off. Even though it seems like a lot of people are complaining on this thread its really only like 25 people who continue to say they have issues. who knows how many are just happily driving around problem free. My tuner also said hes gotten only like one other complaint from his clients on the 2.x's. Not to mention how many people think the tune's causing shit when it could be just something going in their own engine.

At this point 2.3b is fucking excellent in all capacities. So much better than the old 1.x in all ways. The only issues I thought the tune was causing was because I had my O2 spacers way too far out of the stream and it was surging because it kept trying to throw more fuel into the system. I adjusted them and its AMAZING now.

That surging I had, I was sure was a tune issue at one point so I asked them to switch me from 2.1 to 2.3b but I still had the issue til i figured out that something was just wrong in my engine and now its perfect.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
My issue with "its likely your cars issue not the tune" is it was PERFECT while on v1.2, then 2.x the shifting is strange in every beta/version. AND I have the DSG tune.. I was thinking of even getting rid of the DSG tune and seeing if that was the problem but a few people in this thread have posted similar problems with and without the DSG tune added. AND if I switch back to stock mode, it shifts perfectly.

I'm happy enough with it the way it is now at 2.2b.. I just want the power back in 5th and 6th which 2.3-2.4 claims to fix. Either way I just want them to release a final version so I can be done with it.

Chatchie

Ready to race!
i dont think thats all that far off. Even though it seems like a lot of people are complaining on this thread its really only like 25 people who continue to say they have issues. who knows how many are just happily driving around problem free. My tuner also said hes gotten only like one other complaint from his clients on the 2.x's. Not to mention how many people think the tune's causing shit when it could be just something going in their own engine.

At this point 2.3b is fucking excellent in all capacities. So much better than the old 1.x in all ways. The only issues I thought the tune was causing was because I had my O2 spacers way too far out of the stream and it was surging because it kept trying to throw more fuel into the system. I adjusted them and its AMAZING now.

That surging I had, I was sure was a tune issue at one point so I asked them to switch me from 2.1 to 2.3b but I still had the issue til i figured out that something was just wrong in my engine and now its perfect.
What was causing the surging? I get the surging and have checked everything trying to figure it out. Even switched intakes 3 or 4 times.

Chatchie

Ready to race!
switched mine back to stock,
runs way better and car likes
the fall weather
Yea I've done that already. Even ran the stock box with an AFE filter.

gtboost

Drag Racing Champion
What was causing the surging? I get the surging and have checked everything trying to figure it out. Even switched intakes 3 or 4 times.

Surging is a symptom of high pressure and low airflow. Theoretically going to stock airbox you'll make it worse but you may hear it less.

Chatchie

Ready to race!
Surging is a symptom of high pressure and low airflow. Theoretically going to stock airbox you'll make it worse but you may hear it less.
I'm talking about the car itself surging, not compressor surge. It's like a ghost is modulating the throttle up and down.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
My issue with "its likely your cars issue not the tune" is it was PERFECT while on v1.2, then 2.x the shifting is strange in every beta/version. AND I have the DSG tune.. I was thinking of even getting rid of the DSG tune and seeing if that was the problem but a few people in this thread have posted similar problems with and without the DSG tune added. AND if I switch back to stock mode, it shifts perfectly.

I'm happy enough with it the way it is now at 2.2b.. I just want the power back in 5th and 6th which 2.3-2.4 claims to fix. Either way I just want them to release a final version so I can be done with it.

mine was "perfect" on 1.2 as well man. flashed to V2 and something started going wrong a little while after and made it seem like it was the tune. But it wasnt. then I figured out the O2 sensor issue amongst all kinds of other things that were just going wrong because its a goddamned glassjaw VW and bam now im back to "so perfect i didnt know how bad i had it on 1.2"

i mean they found another 15% more power or something on what was already impressive results from a 2.0 with a little turbo. the tune can only work perfectly if everything else in your car works perfectly and thats like.... almost never with these cars.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
I'm talking about the car itself surging, not compressor surge. It's like a ghost is modulating the throttle up and down.
yeah i'm thinking about getting rid of carbonio as well and going back to stock air box

i was having the same exact problem and nobody could fix it. 10 different techs looked at it and changed all kinds of things but they were just throwing shit at the wall.

then i finally found a guy whos been working on tuned cars long enough to be able to think outside the box and found my o2 spacers were putting the sensors both totally outside the exhaust stream and readjusted them and it finally fucking fixed it.

funny thing is after all that, thinking it was the tune. I WAS THE ONE WHO PUT THOSE SENSORS ON THERE WRONG. IT WAS ME. I WAS THE ONE WHO FUCKED IT UP lol

I also thought it was the carbonio and was going to go back to stock airbox because it was "the only thing i havent tried." But its not that. It uses the stock maf location, how would that actually be causing the surging?

Last edited:

dkg010

Passed Driver's Ed
i was having the same exact problem and nobody could fix it. 10 different techs looked at it and changed all kinds of things but they were just throwing shit at the wall.

then i finally found a guy whos been working on tuned cars long enough to be able to think outside the box and found my o2 spacers were putting the sensors both totally outside the exhaust stream and readjusted them and it finally fucking fixed it.

funny thing is after all that, thinking it was the tune. I WAS THE ONE WHO PUT THOSE SENSORS ON THERE WRONG. IT WAS ME. I WAS THE ONE WHO FUCKED IT UP lol

I also thought it was the carbonio and was going to go back to stock airbox because it was "the only thing i havent tried." But its not that. It uses the stock maf location, how would that actually be causing the surging?

well that work if your stage 2. i got stock exhaust

Olga13

Passed Driver's Ed
I've been awaiting a final release since people started having issues. Don't have the required downpipe yet but the issues dsg cars are having is what's holding me back.
I had a teacher once tell me something that seems to hold up the older I become, "find a restaurant you like and you'll tell at least one person, but find a restaurant you dislike and you'll make sure everyone knows about it."
In other words the issues are probably not as wide-spread as this forum makes it appear.

Last edited:

tofuD01

Ready to race!
Had a play with 98/95/stock maps and definitely noticed the super smooth gear changes when on stock...and here i thought it was normal for the rev/engine to spike when going down gears on the tuned maps..

Hoping for update to fix this as the power is fun...the gear changes are not.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Wrote APR support to attempt to take my chances with 2.4b and received this reply:

"No more beta files will be available. The update will be released shortly. I am in the process of porting the box-codes. There are a lot of them so please bare with us for a little and they will be available shortly."

So this confirms what someone else stated above. Maybe a final release IS coming?

I have an appointment next Thursday for some other work but if 2.4 final is released I'll give it a whirl.