GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AWE Boost Gauge Install

tplociniak

Go Kart Newbie
I didn't take any progress photos of the install, it was pretty straight forward with AWE's directions, the only thing I did different was to leave the intake in instead of removing it...Here are the installed pics, if anyone has any questions just ask

Attachments

• IMG00013-20101205-1701.jpg
    IMG00013-20101205-1701.jpg
    400.7 KB · Views: 497
  • IMG00014-20101205-1702.jpg
    IMG00014-20101205-1702.jpg
    343.3 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG00015-20101205-1703.jpg
    IMG00015-20101205-1703.jpg
    397.7 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG00016-20101205-1703.jpg
    IMG00016-20101205-1703.jpg
    373.2 KB · Views: 225

Quoddy

Ready to race!
I did mine following AWE's instructions. Running the line in the correct location and cutting the firewall nipple must have been difficult with the air intake (and maybe the battery box) still on. In any case, nice job.

tplociniak

Go Kart Newbie
it was simple actually, easier than removing the air box in my oinon, I found the nipple I wanted, made sure I had light on it from outside and inside the car, then used a pick to poke a whole from the the inside, then used a pair of snips and cut the nipple down a bit, then just fed the boost hose out from inside the car like they suggest....and thanks

Stanielz

Ready to race!
does the boost gauge stay lit the whole time the car is on? i know mine does =[. did i wire it wrong? lol.

tplociniak

Go Kart Newbie
Yep stays lit the entire time...thats my one complaint about it, I wish it would dim with the other dash lights and go on and off with them as well

Stanielz

Ready to race!
Yep stays lit the entire time...thats my one complaint about it, I wish it would dim with the other dash lights and go on and off with them as well

maybe getting it to do that would call for some pain in the butt wire splicing into some harnesses =/. and thats why they did it this way? for simplicity? :iono:

tplociniak

Go Kart Newbie
Thats what I figured as well, to get to the dimable wires would require more dash removal and make the install more complicted....maybe I'll try it sometime when I'm bored

The color match is really great when my guages are on max brightness, the guage looks awesome and performs great as well, I would recomend it to everyone for sure

kthor7031

Go Kart Champion
hows the color match?

and i like how their boost tap replaces that factory pcv line and looks like it would go well with my catch can

Which catch can do you run?

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
hows the color match?

The match is dead on....though you really can't go too wrong with "white" backlighting, lol

As for the OP's pictures....I turned my gauge a little to the left so it was more level/straight with the gauge cluster

Jhover

Ready to race!
I've had mine for about 6 months with 15 000km or so. One problem with mine now is the leds are not as bright on 80% of the gauge, some bright some dark..

Quoddy

Ready to race!
I turned my gauge a little to the left so it was more level/straight with the gauge cluster
Not that I would want to, but how did you do this? My gauge is firmly mounted in the pod, which itself is in a fixed (molded) position angled inward toward the driver.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Not that I would want to, but how did you do this? My gauge is firmly mounted in the pod, which itself is in a fixed (molded) position angled inward toward the driver.

Loosen the 2 nuts on the back that hold the bracket against the pod, turn the gauge a little, then re-tighten down the nuts for the bracket

done!