GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
What pulling? Timing? Not from too much fuel.

Clean your meth jets and log again

I'm pretty sure timing will be pulled for a multitude of reasons including running rich.

What about the MAF values, all knowing one?

Definitely could be dirty methanol nozzles though lol. But he said he was flowing more than enough...

drepai

Go Kart Champion
You're running too rich. I bet it's pulling because of that 5th injector. It doesn't know where that fuel is coming from.

Those MAF readings can't be right... Not with a GTX30.

Your MAF readings are SO LOW. I bet that has to do with the timing pull and the 5th injector also.
Maf readings are low because of the 4" housing
What pulling? Timing? Not from too much fuel.

Clean your meth jets and log again

I just put new ones in last week. .7s in the manifold and a .6 post intercooler

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
Rich is prob 5th injector.

The pull in one more than the other I say it's the dpi wmi. One isn't getting full spray

I agree with that. Forgot he was direct port. I was assuming TB flow, so I was confused to see cyl 2 with the most timing pull.

drepai

Go Kart Champion
So, it's on a dyno?
What type of power #'s above 30psi?

That was on the street. I don't know how much power it makes atg 34 psi but 4th gear pulls feel pretty dangerous haha

It feels way faster than it did after the 509whp dyno but we'll see
I installed a brand new jet before that had a machining chip in it.

If you have the double barbs you can unscrew it and let it spin inside the line and clean it in the car

Interesting, I'll take it apart over the weekend and check

gustkiller

Ready to race!
Probably wanna add some W/M to that equation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks.
Our premium fuel here in Brasil is 102ron E25. That's allow US to play with timing a little bit more before meth. As soon as it gets done I will update you here with dyno sheets.

Enviado de meu XT1225 usando Tapatalk

GTR_Killer

Go Kart Champion
Rub it in lol I put over 100 miles on my car over the weekend and the problem isn't getting worse so I guess that's good lol still drives like a champ until I'm on the throttle

Running like a champ isnt how i would describe not being able to do a pull, lol

Hi! I am jumping the BT boat. Got the old TSI stage 3+ APR GT3071r kit with injectors, mahle racing pistons, IE rods, ttrs lpfp / controller. The goal is 450whp with a custom tune. Is it possible on that turbo or should get a bigger one compatible with the apr manifold?

Enviado de meu XT1225 usando Tapatalk

Yes according to jettaglx luck and setup with race gas. No if my luck. You better add meth as everyone has said.

Probably wanna add some W/M to that equation

look at you knowin some shit. :thumbsup:

This was at 32 psi and it was about 85 degrees out. 4th gear. Cyl 2 hates its life :iono:

At 34 psi it was pulling 6.8 through the meat of the powerband

Maf readings are low because of the 4" housing

I just put new ones in last week. .7s in the manifold and a .6 post intercooler

Pull those brand new jets are carefully take them apart. When i bought my .6mm jets i put them in and ran logs and had crazy timing pull just like that in cyl 2. A tiny machine chip was stuck in there. Its a PITA to get the piece back in there correctly so take your time.

I installed a brand new jet before that had a machining chip in it.

If you have the double barbs you can unscrew it and let it spin inside the line and clean it in the car

yup

kern417

Go Kart Champion
that's exactly how mine was when it was overboosting lol. i could build boost and even pedal it in higher rpms, just couldn't stay in it.

jettaglis

Go Kart Champion
Learned from you guys!

And I can do a pull just not above 5500 or so lol

5,500 rpm is just when it's getting fun. Just wait until everything is ironed out. It will be worth it.