GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
If you're going to say royalties, shouldn't they be paying them to the guy from Unitronic Poland which claims Unitronic Canada stole their tuning methodology and even logo from him?? Just saying :fighting0030:

Oh wow...

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
If you're going to say royalties, shouldn't they be paying them to the guy from Unitronic Poland which claims Unitronic Canada stole their tuning methodology and even logo from him?? Just saying :fighting0030:

Unitronic Canada ended the relationship with Unitronic Poland back in 2004 due to a number of factors ranging from zero support to non-functioning and problematic files via manual EEPROM programming and encryption boards.

We're in 2016 now and have grown exponentially with worldwide network of 200+ Authorized Dealers in over 30 countries throughout the world, providing our own Dealer and End-User Programming Devices. Things have come along way since soldering encryption boards into ME7.x ECU's. :thumbsup:

jettaglx91

Go Kart Champion
i forget who said it but if they were anything special they would be 100% plug n play. i have the opal/zzp or whoevers injectors AND have done for my customers, modified them in the same way, pull the spacer ring off replace with vw one, snip the top tab that lines them up in the rail, cut and splice the connectors into the stock harness.

As I said I'm not insinuating they had custom injectors made, just maybe they found something else besides lnf/zzp/opel

I've never seen a 3+ make more than 380whp on 93 octane and the off the shelf map. And that's not a bash on APR, as I have the kit. I've never had their 3+ tune, but I know at minimum 5 people who bought the 3+ kit new and they all made 380whp on 93 octane.

You were in the previous big turbo thread werent you? I posted a couple stage 3+ dynos the lowest one being 395 I think it was, mine has made 400-405 numerous times. Only thing not off the shelf with my tune was I had the rev limit raised. The lowest Ive ever seen in house was one with a slipping dsg at like 360is but lifted at 5k

The higher output file isnt a secret that "doesn't exist", Arin has said many times there were a couple box codes that weren't making requested boost on the 3+ kit, anyone with that box code can get it.

Calkulin

Ready to race!
Unitronic Canada ended the relationship with Unitronic Poland back in 2004 due to a number of factors ranging from zero support to non-functioning and problematic files via manual EEPROM programming and encryption boards.

We're in 2016 now and have grown exponentially with worldwide network of 200+ Authorized Dealers in over 30 countries throughout the world, providing our own Dealer and End-User Programming Devices. Things have come along way since soldering encryption boards into ME7.x ECU's. :thumbsup:

Not to downplay your success now or quality of tunes but their version of events is way different than your story but whatever, this thread is not about this, so I'll leave it at that

jettaglx91

Go Kart Champion
I've seen that same exact story copied and pasted numerous places. It shows that was just posted 2hrs ago somewhere? I'm just confused by how many Mike Z's are there?

That unitronic deal is pretty minor compared to how revo was started lol. Employees flat out stole the software and programming and started their own company, yet somehow apr was always made out to be the bad guy

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
Not to downplay your success now or quality of tunes but their version of events is way different than your story but whatever, this thread is not about this, so I'll leave it at that.

There's always two sides to every story... I agree, this thread is not about this subject.

Here's a dyno that was sent to me last night from one of our Dealers — 461whp from our Stage 3 BT OTS SW, High Output Fuel System, GTX3071, 102RON fuel. Plenty of room left in it from what I'm told by our Dealer, but waiting to receive the logs, etc. Will update again once we turn up the boost and make a few other adjustments for more power.

Last edited:

gustkiller

Ready to race!
There's always two sides to every story... I agree, this thread is not about this subject.

Here's a dyno that was sent to me last night from one of our Dealers — 461whp from our Stage 3 BT OTS SW, High Output Fuel System, GTX3076, 102RON fuel. Plenty of room left in it from what I'm told by our Dealer, but waiting to receive the logs, etc. Will update again once we turn up the boost and make a few other adjustments for more power.

John, Just a correction. It's a GTX3071.
The owner of the car is a friend.

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
John, Just a correction. It's a GTX3071.
The owner of the car is a friend.

Thanks for the correction. The info I had was from early on in the build, when Sergio (our Dealer) was confirming software availability/compatibility; I assume the decision changed. How does he like it?

gustkiller

Ready to race!
Thanks for the correction. The info I had was from early on in the build, when Sergio (our Dealer) was confirming software availability/compatibility; I assume the decision changed. How does he like it?
The feedback I got from my friend is that the car is "scary" fast. And the car really have a lot of fuel headroom with unitronic injectors.
Back to the injectors tópic. My car with APR injectors run out of fuel with a smaller turbo (Gt3071) when is is far to get out of injectors Juice. And as everyone knows the gtx flows more than the gt. And he is running higher boost than me. [emoji15] [emoji15]

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
A bunch of overseas cars making a billion horsepower. Great. Can anyone show me a dyno from anyone besides APA that makes that much power in the US? On a US HPFP? Nobody really cares about the guys with the better pump and more options.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
The feedback I got from my friend is that the car is "scary" fast. And the car really have a lot of fuel headroom with unitronic injectors.
Back to the injectors tópic. My car with APR injectors run out of fuel with a smaller turbo (Gt3071) when is is far to get out of injectors Juice. And as everyone knows the gtx flows more than the gt. And he is running higher boost than me. [emoji15] [emoji15]

So buy the ZZP injectors for $350. I'm picking up a set tomorrow morning and seeing how far I car push this baby turbo.

gustkiller

Ready to race!
So buy the ZZP injectors for $350. I'm picking up a set tomorrow morning and seeing how far I car push this baby turbo.
Where are you getting them? They are plug and play for the apr harness/connectors? And looking forward for your results with the ZZP.