GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

GTR_Killer

Go Kart Champion
Its been around for a while , they don't give spec's or option at what turbine wheel it's machined for I would think it's for the larger 60mm wheel but call b4 you order .

The .72 AR is perfect IMO small enough to spool well , big enough to flow at higher boost levels and keep the EGT down . Bob G

Yea, geez. GTX3071 with this turbine housing would have been nice. You could just use the apr manifold. Only concern would be needing new oil fitting and cooling lines....if they are even different. I think that would possibly be the best of big HP and quick spooling combination possible. Oh well, im sure this gtx29 wont dissapoint!

RRacerguy717

Go Kart Champion
Yea, geez. GTX3071 with this turbine housing would have been nice. You could just use the apr manifold. Only concern would be needing new oil fitting and cooling lines....if they are even different. I think that would possibly be the best of big HP and quick spooling combination possible. Oh well, im sure this gtx29 wont dissapoint!

It would deff help but the T25 is still bottle neck for bigger power , there a reason APR made there manifold in inconel so it would be able to last without cracking because of heat build up.

Look at your T25 APR manifold you will see the heat line discolor espec the longer runners that's heat building up I know mine showes this , that's why APR has to run a fatter AF to keep heat and EGT in check and keep the turbo safe .

If APR could do it all over again they would be using a T3 manifold but because of the cost to re engineer and then re tune it's cost prohibited IMO. Bob G

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
I just switched that to a hex bolt.

FWIW the stock oil drain will fit on the APR kit, so you've got multiple ways to do it.

passatg60

Passed Driver's Ed
Look at this crap that was just put in front of my face. Did anyone else know this existed?

http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchan...tp&Product_Code=ATP-HSG-280&Category_Code=GTH

While it may be a viable option, the Garrett T25 housings are generally poor performers. I feel like the .64ar is the best of the lot. I'm not too keen on the ATP castings as they are made of a pretty poor grade of ductile

gustkiller

Ready to race!
Time to crank up the boost! HPFP upgrade arrived! Lets see if it can handle 30psi without meth. uploadfromtaptalk1458172790573.jpg

smokey24

Ready to race!
Yah I 2nd that last comment. That's messed up. U with your hpfp upgrade options. Lol. Must be nice to get the better parts with your cars. And all the cool options.