GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

LAGP

Ready to race!
nothing proven on my end but i did notice better throttle response especially with the bigger intake manifold. no tuning changes. looking for thread
Same here I am using the R32 throttle body and the difference in response is very small, it also got a bit more sensible on maf readings I have had a couple o cel with a correlation code. The real benefit on the one listed would be that it has a metal plate, when using meth and higher boost levels the plastic gets brittle and snaps in half.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
So I changed my oil today, and made sure it still ran... I started a new job about a month and a half ago that's 3.5 miles from home and bought a DRZ400SM at the same time and have literally put like 50 miles on my car since then. Interest has been lost [emoji30]

On another note, if anyone needs an awesome city commuter, I've found a supermoto is 150% the way to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
So I changed my oil today, and made sure it still ran... I started a new job about a month and a half ago that's 3.5 miles from home and bought a DRZ400SM at the same time and have literally put like 50 miles on my car since then. Interest has been lost [emoji30]

On another note, if anyone needs an awesome city commuter, I've found a supermoto is 150% the way to go!

What's the maintenance interval? I know some of those SM bikes need complete rebuilds on the reg.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
What's the maintenance interval? I know some of those SM bikes need complete rebuilds on the reg.

The DRZ is a workhorse. It literally requires like zero maintenance. Like check the valve clearances every 15k, and mine is a 15 with 3k miles. Granted, it's slower than the KTM's and other it's compared to, but those require the boatload of maintenance. The motor hasn't changed since like 2002. To put it in perspective, it's a 2015 and still comes with a carburetor...

Ive already put an 39mm carb on it (the stock was 36mm) and a full exhaust, filter, jetting, stickier street tires, SS brake lines, sintered pads and some LED lighting stuff. I love it so far!

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
The DRZ is a workhorse. It literally requires like zero maintenance. Like check the valve clearances every 15k, and mine is a 15 with 3k miles. Granted, it's slower than the KTM's and other it's compared to, but those require the boatload of maintenance. The motor hasn't changed since like 2002. To put it in perspective, it's a 2015 and still comes with a carburetor...

Ive already put an 39mm carb on it (the stock was 36mm) and a full exhaust, filter, jetting, stickier street tires, SS brake lines, sintered pads and some LED lighting stuff. I love it so far!

Sounds like a sweet little street fighter

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
I'm not all that knowledgeable on BT but seems like it's a modified K04 similar maybe to the LOBA stuff...

Lol theres another company I haven't heard of. So. Many. Turbo. Options.

drakore

Ready to race!
The Mabotech kits look pretty good. I almost got the M600 from him when he was offering sponsorship deals.

My understanding is that the M380H is a hybrid K03. He told me the highest he's tuned one is 390whp.

He's really helpful and a great guy to work with.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk