GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
seems like there is another option for wider fenders to fit tires. anyone know price?

Im pulling mine front and rear for 245s Trying to figure out what wheels though, I want my MIAs in 18" but Rotiform don't make them, Anyone know of anyone who makes an MIA like wheel that is 18x18.5 et35. Or a OZ superturismo GT like wheel 18x8.5 et40?

As of right now looks like OZ Superturismo GT 18x8 et35 but that limits me to 245s.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Like P as in Porsche?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
So for those that don't know, my car had low oil pressure on Memorial Day and well, lets just say the pan is full of metal. I won't know complete diagnosis unless I tear it down again. I have been offered a lot of support with tear down and parts but probably looking at walking from ea888 now that I got the R. I need to recoup some cash and would also have a great daily if I decided to keep the GTI with the lsd and all. I have a potential sponsorship deal I'm trying to work with my dealer (more to that but can't get into it) to rebuild the motor. We'll see.

I want to continue but just feel cursed at this point. Plus I can get new long block for cheap.

Sigh.....so fucking close man and now too broke to really get out easily. I don't want to take credit out as I already have small 0% account.

This is a real bummer man, sorry

chrisisnapping

Go Kart Champion
Also, FFE wants to do a hardcore Porsche build next which would mean crazy HP, they like to find the limits of power

so should we be expecting an 800whp revving to 8k graph from your car????

but seriously, that would be ridiculously sick.

Steel, if you don't go p-car, get a used '07 335i, a set of rods from VAC, intercooler, meth, HPFP and Fuel rail from Vargas Turbos and their twin set using GTX28xx (comes with downpipes and intake)

with suspension you'll probably still be less into it than the GTI and it'll probably hit 800whp on e85.

steelcurtain

Go Kart Champion
Not into domestics? Lot less money / pound out any euro aside from .00001%. Would have to be careful not to cut yourself on the interiors obviously.

Nope, no domestic for me. Loved German cars since I was a little boy and learned to drive on a Porsche. The look on their faces is priceless when you spank that domestic.

steelcurtain

Go Kart Champion
You bring up some good points. Those cobras were surely surprised we raced last week but yea, the cost per HP for us is outrageous to them. The same can be said about Honda.

Bayern

Ready to race!
yeah, like pretty much anything else

maybe begging for parts is supposed to be some of the german charm or something

I love my GTI!!! However, I would really love a 1m... Even a 135i, or a b6 rs4 but they cost a lot, or have a lot of miles. Ultimately, I have decided to keep my GTI (while I would like an AWD), this is going to be a DD. I'm looking for 450whp with a turbo that spools reasonably fast... Gtx2867??? Maybe larger, just depends on supporting equipment at the time...

Status
Not open for further replies.