GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

james9120

Go Kart Champion
How much boost is off the wastegate spring? 12psi? Anyone have a rough translation to power? Not that it really matters.. it'll always be more than the K04

kern417

Go Kart Champion
1 bar/14.7psi. I spiked 17 and held 15 or so to redline. i have no idea on power, i'd guess a little above k04 levels.

nick n

Ready to race!
I think im going to just have the CTS KIT slapped on and run low boost, preferably 370whp with a eurodyne dyno tune. I have 92K miles, but runs beautifully (knock on wood). My other option is to first build the engine (rods, valvetrain) and just run K04 for another year.

If I slap the turbo on and run 370whp, next year I will build the engine and shoot for the stars.

Any suggestions or advice? This will all be done at FFE BTW.

MKVFTMFW

I'd like to check it out when it's all said and done :beer:

GTR_Killer

Go Kart Champion
Whats everyone using for a wideband? is AEM the way to go? I was looking at glowshift analog till it came in the mail and the gauge dimensions arent even close to accurate. they said the bezzle was 1/4" in depth which is what i need for it not to hit my steering wheel when i turn. it comes in at .62"...waste of my damn time. Now they say their digital wideband is for sure only 1/4" but i wont believe that till I see it. Thinking about abandoning glowshift all together. Ideas? thoughts? opinions?

drepai

Go Kart Champion
Whats everyone using for a wideband? is AEM the way to go? I was looking at glowshift analog till it came in the mail and the gauge dimensions arent even close to accurate. they said the bezzle was 1/4" in depth which is what i need for it not to hit my steering wheel when i turn. it comes in at .62"...waste of my damn time. Now they say their digital wideband is for sure only 1/4" but i wont believe that till I see it. Thinking about abandoning glowshift all together. Ideas? thoughts? opinions?

http://tunertools.com/articles/FordMuscle.pdf

I use the innovate mtx-l. Got it to fit in the ns dual column pod no problem, the face of the AEM gauge sticks out a lot more than this one

GTR_Killer

Go Kart Champion
http://tunertools.com/articles/FordMuscle.pdf

I use the innovate mtx-l. Got it to fit in the ns dual column pod no problem, the face of the AEM gauge sticks out a lot more than this one

yea thats exactly what i have, the NS dual pod.

So you have the innovate mtx-l. the one they used in their test is the innovate XD-16kit. I assume close to the same thing?

Side note: My buddy told me he bought your kit. Says its coming off your car soon. Cant wait to have another BT car around here, haha.

drepai

Go Kart Champion
yea thats exactly what i have, the NS dual pod.

So you have the innovate mtx-l. the one they used in their test is the innovate XD-16kit. I assume close to the same thing?

Side note: My buddy told me he bought your kit. Says its coming off your car soon. Cant wait to have another BT car around here, haha.
Yeah I'm shipping it out later next week!

mtx-l is newer so it's supposed to be better. Required some slight modification to the way the dual column pod is mounted to make it fit though, no cutting or sanding required. Don't have my car right now but once I do I'll post pics of what I did

GTR_Killer

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I'm shipping it out later next week!

mtx-l is newer so it's supposed to be better. Required some slight modification to the way the dual column pod is mounted to make it fit though, no cutting or sanding required. Don't have my car right now but once I do I'll post pics of what I did

Say what? How is there modification required but you dont cut or sand it?

Yea i just got off the phone with the company and you're right this is the newer one. the 16 hasnt been around for some time the guy said. Apparently this the only true digital gauge. So looks promising. Is the 10ft cable long enough for the bung hole in the dp to the pod?

You say the bezzel doesnt stick out far right? Or does it and you just propped up the column pod so it sits higher so when you turn the wheel it doesnt knock it? cause thats how i had my original boost gauge and that shit was ghetto

drepai

Go Kart Champion
Say what? How is there modification required but you dont cut or sand it?

Yea i just got off the phone with the company and you're right this is the newer one. the 16 hasnt been around for some time the guy said. Apparently this the only true digital gauge. So looks promising. Is the 10ft cable long enough for the bung hole in the dp to the pod?

You say the bezzel doesnt stick out far right? Or does it and you just propped up the column pod so it sits higher so when you turn the wheel it doesnt knock it? cause thats how i had my original boost gauge and that shit was ghetto

Also what did you hook up your red wire too. It says it needs to be able to pull 3A. I have my meth gauge and boost gauge already hooked to my my headlight switch, i dont think it can take much more.
It's just in the way you mount the pod, you gotta use glue instead of double sided tape. I'll take pics of it tonight if I get a chance it's hard to explain.

Cable is more than enough to reach the bung I had a bunch of slack in it that I had to tuck away.

The gauge doesn't stick out too far, didn't do it a ghetto way either it came out super clean. You'll see what I'm talking about when I take pics.

For the power source I used an add-a-fuse. Use a 5a fuse on the power side for the gauge and stick it into a switched power source. I can show you the one I used if you want

GTR_Killer

Go Kart Champion
Just ordered Wortec oil pan, also just ordered the MTX-L gauge, just installed the new bigger meth jets yesterday, and after finding one clogged with chips from factory, now thats working great and car feels better than ever. Also a new air intake and not really car related but a CB radio that ive been obligated into buying to communicate with the other cars. This is going to be an awesome dragon 800.....wait what, there went another quick thousand plus dollars...shhhh dont tell my wife.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.