GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Build your own RSR clutch kit - Parts list

Calkulin

Ready to race!
I think I'm going to change out my disc soon for this Sachs SRE version, which is a lot better than the stock disc that I'm currently using but I'll keep the current PP. Best price so I can find is in the low $300s shipped, which really isn't that bad

Part # 881864 999502

mrhappy

Passed Driver's Ed
I think I'm going to change out my disc soon for this Sachs SRE version, which is a lot better than the stock disc that I'm currently using but I'll keep the current PP. Best price so I can find is in the low $300s shipped, which really isn't that bad

Part # 881864 999502

Is it possible to only change the disc? So we keep flywheel and presure plate?

So disc is around 300$ and how much would the pressure plate be?

Calkulin

Ready to race!
Is it possible to only change the disc? So we keep flywheel and presure plate?

So disc is around 300$ and how much would the pressure plate be?

The SRE pressure plate? I haven't looked but I know they sell the full kit that includes SMFW for around $1100 but I do think they sell the pressure plate by itself if that's what you want

For me, yes, I'm keeping the stock flywheel and the TT pressure plate since that only has 10k on it so far

mrhappy

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm trying to understand if, when we experience clutch slippage because of tuning, can we only change the disc and keep OEM PP?

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
I'm trying to understand if, when we experience clutch slippage because of tuning, can we only change the disc and keep OEM PP?

that's the thing. Some people use a SB drop in disc and seems ok, but then I hear the OEM PP is weak too, not just the disc, so.. I dunno, and I've wondered the same thing.

I am going to keep my OEM DMFW and just upgrade the pp and disc, sourcing parts as these other guys have done.

I guess research the drop in disc and see if you can find long term reviews?

brobst

Go Kart Champion
that's the thing. Some people use a SB drop in disc and seems ok, but then I hear the OEM PP is weak too, not just the disc, so.. I dunno, and I've wondered the same thing.

I am going to keep my OEM DMFW and just upgrade the pp and disc, sourcing parts as these other guys have done.

I guess research the drop in disc and see if you can find long term reviews?
I have also been curious about this. Because getting the PP is another chunk of change that could be used elsewhere. I have a hard time getting a consensus on where the SB drop disk stage 3 is enough. Some people say 20K+ miles no problem while others say it is not good enough.

sent from superior interior telepathy

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
I have also been curious about this. Because getting the PP is another chunk of change that could be used elsewhere. I have a hard time getting a consensus on where the SB drop disk stage 3 is enough. Some people say 20K+ miles no problem while others say it is not good enough.

sent from superior interior telepathy

I think Bowers runs with just the SB stage 3 disc, try asking him

POPSMK61

Ready to race!
Pulled the trigger on this build your own Calkulin's RSR Clutch. Evertyhing for $676.27 including shipping.

Clutch Disk #03G141031T (Sach 1878005146) Spareto $184.80
Clutch Plate #07K141015B/X VWpartsnation.com $404.80
#N90847002 (3x), #N90320701 (6x)
TOB # 0A5141671 AutohauzAZ $86.80

Thanks to Calkulin for all the help!!! He's been guiding me through this process making sure I'm ordering the right stuff. Let's see how fast they ship.

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
damn, that is a really good price.

POPSMK61

Ready to race!
Ordered this TOB from AUtoHauzAZ part# 0A5141671F and this is what came in. I thought the stem is a solid piece but this one has a retaining clip on it. What is the difference or can I use this?

Attachments

• TOB.jpg
    TOB.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 1,272

Calkulin

Ready to race!
That's the old revision(I think the part # is 0A5 141 671 A), the new revision(0A5 141 671 F) looks like this

Calkulin

Ready to race!
Did you order the LuK part # or the OEM part #? Because the LuK part #(and maybe Sachs version) is the same for all the revisions, so they might have old stock but if you ordered the OEM version, then the F revision only has 1 part, so they clearly sent you the wrong part #

POPSMK61

Ready to race!
Did you order the LuK part # or the OEM part #? Because the LuK part #(and maybe Sachs version) is the same for all the revisions, so they might have old stock but if you ordered the OEM version, then the F revision only has 1 part, so they clearly sent you the wrong part #

I ordered the OEM# 0A5141671F but this is what they sent me. Talked to them about receiving the wrong part# and they said that's what their supplier provided. I explained to them that this is the old part and that the part I needed is the revised part which they do not carry.

Also informed them that the picture of this part on their site is misleading. They have the correct part on the picture but they ship the old part#. They are processing my return and refund.