GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Build your own RSR clutch kit - Parts list

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
Wait, have another dumb question.

there are a few different part numbers listed for the disc. which one is closest to what is used in the RSR clutch?

kinda confused with the different parts #'s.

Clutch disk - A3, Golf R, TT, Euro TDI, etc
03G 141 031 T - Can be sourced individually
Or
1878 005 146 - Sachs part # - Can be sourced individually

Calkulin

Ready to race!
How's the TT-S pressure plate holding up, Calkulin?

Fine so far(10k on it) but I do plan on switching out the disc for a SRE version soon

Wait, have another dumb question.

there are a few different part numbers listed for the disc. which one is closest to what is used in the RSR clutch?

kinda confused with the different parts #'s.

Clutch disk - A3, Golf R, TT, Euro TDI, etc
03G 141 031 T - Can be sourced individually
Or
1878 005 146 - Sachs part # - Can be sourced individually

One is the VW part #(RSR includes this one) and the other is the Sachs part # of the same clutch disc

ChrisChen1990

Ready to race!
0A5 141 671 F/0A5 141 671 A, is there any difference between the old version and the new one? I order the new version but I received an old one. Wired =>=.

POPSMK61

Ready to race!
0A5 141 671 F/0A5 141 671 A, is there any difference between the old version and the new one? I order the new version but I received an old one. Wired =>=.

Look at my post #101. The old one has a clip on the stem and the revised one is solid. Same thing happend to me and returned it. I ordered the revised part.

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
another question. are you guys modding (ie drilling) the pressure plate yourself or are you having that done buy whom ever is doing the install?

FLtrooper

Go Kart Champion
another question. are you guys modding (ie drilling) the pressure plate yourself or are you having that done buy whom ever is doing the install?

The pressure plate holes can be bored out by a simple drill. No reason to have a machine shop perform the modification.

:)

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
The pressure plate holes can be bored out by a simple drill. No reason to have a machine shop perform the modification.

:)

cheers, thank you.

btw, killer build thread. reading now. :thumbsup:

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
another question since I need/want to address the clutch sooner than later - tired of driving in stock mode.

Im at 31k miles. I see HS Tuning sells an install kit and fluid service kit. At my mileage, would you guys recommend doing this regardless of where you source parts?

Clutch Install Kit : MK6 +$49.99
Transmission Fluid Service Kit : Yes +$89.99

first time I've owned a manual and did clutch service.

zrickety

The Fixer
The fluid kit is overpriced, but definitely get what you need.

Calkulin

Ready to race!
Fluid kit is definitely overpriced, I paid ~$36 at the dealer for 3L of the OEM fluid(tranny takes 2.3L IIRC). They, I think, also include new fill/drain plugs but those are maybe a couple of dollars at best if you want to replace them, personally I kept stock fill and replaced the drain with a Dimple magnetic plug for ~$35. For the bolts, you can replace them all if you want, I only did the axle bolts, so you can decide what you want to do there.

Also check pricing at your local dealers as I found mine to be cheaper than online but I had to go to 2 different dealers since 1 had fluids cheaper(by a lot) and the other was cheaper on the bolts, etc.

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
The fluid kit is overpriced, but definitely get what you need.

Fluid kit is definitely overpriced, I paid ~$36 at the dealer for 3L of the OEM fluid(tranny takes 2.3L IIRC). They, I think, also include new fill/drain plugs but those are maybe a couple of dollars at best if you want to replace them, personally I kept stock fill and replaced the drain with a Dimple magnetic plug for ~$35. For the bolts, you can replace them all if you want, I only did the axle bolts, so you can decide what you want to do there.

Also check pricing at your local dealers as I found mine to be cheaper than online but I had to go to 2 different dealers since 1 had fluids cheaper(by a lot) and the other was cheaper on the bolts, etc.

guys, thank you.

ChrisChen1990

Ready to race!
Look at my post #101. The old one has a clip on the stem and the revised one is solid. Same thing happend to me and returned it. I ordered the revised part.

I knew they look different. But what I want to know is their function?

VgRt6

Ready to race!
I would definitely replace the axle and transmission bolts removed during the clutch replacement. Since the bolts are torque to yield, VW recommends that they be replaced. Many have not replaced the bolts and been fine, but IMO it's not worth the potential problems given that they're not that expensive. $50 for the set is not a bad price, but you should be able to get them for a little bit less from an online dealer like www.1stvwparts.com. I'm in the process of collecting part numbers so I can order them.

Over the weekend I bought the TT-S clutch kit (Luk version) from Amazon for $202, including tax. I also bought the TDI clutch disc from Spareto for $179, including shipping ($137 for the disc; $42 for shipping; the Euro-to-Dollar conversion rate is pretty good right now). I have no plans of going more than Stage I, so the TT-S version should be plenty of an upgrade.

All I need now is the "F' throwout bearing and the replacement bolts.

Will be posting a detailed install thread after I'm finished.

POPSMK61

Ready to race!
This came in today from SPARETO. Ordered all the parts on 10/30 and this came from Estonia to Germany and to the US. Funny how this came in first before the other stuff ordered here in the US and still waiting.

The TTRS plate is on its way. The TOB had to return because they send me the old revision. Ordered the TOB today and should arrive next week.

Plate came in today from VWpartsnation. TOB will arrive on Friday.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    450.9 KB · Views: 910
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    469 KB · Views: 903