GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat 18: CAR MODS GALORE; CAR PROBLEMS GALORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phur

Autocross Champion
In a bad mood. I really wanted to take the car for a drive tonight. My bleeder isn't making a seal on the master cylinder though so I can't bleed the brakes. Motive power bleeders are huge pieces of shit. Don't buy them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I’m sorry to hear about the trouble. Nothing ever seems to work like it should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Have a beer. Enjoy the nice weather with your girl and sit outside.

I'm off work on Friday if you need a hand workin on it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Beer will be had after I go for the first drive.

Boosted was supposed to come over last night to give an extra set of hands but he ended up passing out on the couch in front of the tv instead. 1/10

I’m sorry to hear about the trouble. Nothing ever seems to work like it should.

Just looked on amazon and saw how much I spent for the thing a few years back too. Now i'm more upset.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Whats for lunch?

Boosted was supposed to come over last night to give an extra set of hands but he ended up passing out on the couch in front of the tv instead. 1/10

LOL your troll game has been strong past few months . This in fact was never arranged ^ :dnftt:

I did however fall asleep on couch last night before going to bed. :lol:

clownish

just clowning around
ChiChat 18: Boosted Summer Business Hours Yeah

i thought drag racing was dumb till i went to the drag strip last year, pretty cool tbh.

Was by a funny car that was being overlooked by the mechanics...they had gas masks on cause the race fuel burns your eyes. I have a family friend that has a drag car so ill probably be at the drag strip more this year for their races.

Agreed on Gridlyfe. Its coachella for the car bros.

racing sims ftw

Also I killed a set of coils - pss9s - by dragging every single week till my little k04 hit high 11s - stripped, on race gas etc etc etc. then I never went back. And bought new coils and billet mounts. And will never drag race again. Sometimes I went twice a week - wed and Friday. We have 3 within an hours drive. One of them where the DSM shootout happens every year. It’s amazing. Drag racing is fun. Beating muscle cars in my golf is fun.

This set up consistent got me into the 12s - it wasn’t till I stopped dragging on 19s w/ rs3s that I lowered my times.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Well if you need/want a hand tomorrow let me know man. More than happy to help out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
In a bad mood. I really wanted to take the car for a drive tonight. My bleeder isn't making a seal on the master cylinder though so I can't bleed the brakes. Motive power bleeders are huge pieces of shit. Don't buy them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The last time I loaned my bleeder out, someone over-tightened the FUCK out of it and crushed/cut the seal inside the cap.

I'd had a personal rule for years before that, that I don't loan my shit out to anybody. If they need a tool, they have to "borrow" me too, and I do the work that involves the tool they wanted to borrow, thereby guaranteeing I get it back in the same condition it started in.

I made an exception to that rule.

I now no longer make exceptions.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
The last time I loaned my bleeder out, someone over-tightened the FUCK out of it and crushed/cut the seal inside the cap.

I'd had a personal rule for years before that, that I don't loan my shit out to anybody. If they need a tool, they have to "borrow" me too, and I do the work that involves the tool they wanted to borrow, thereby guaranteeing I get it back in the same condition it started in.

I made an exception to that rule.

I now no longer make exceptions.

Oh yeah absolutely, I don't loan out tools to anyone anymore. You either never get them back or it takes forever. Screw that.

I just bought this bleeder. Hoping to have better luck with it. I really want to avoid gravity bleeding it because SRF is so expensive. I don't enjoy watching money drop on the floor one drop at a time.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002SQYUA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion

Also I killed a set of coils - pss9s - by dragging every single week till my little k04 hit high 11s - stripped, on race gas etc etc etc. then I never went back. And bought new coils and billet mounts. And will never drag race again. Sometimes I went twice a week - wed and Friday. We have 3 within an hours drive. One of them where the DSM shootout happens every year. It’s amazing. Drag racing is fun. Beating muscle cars in my golf is fun.

This set up consistent got me into the 12s - it wasn’t till I stopped dragging on 19s w/ rs3s that I lowered my times.

oh wow. not a lot of people i know drag fwd cars..disadvantage from the start (pun intended) but cool youre out there doing it.

Amazing the size of the tires on some of those drag cars up close. :eek:

goodlooking car there

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Took an early lunch, or late breakfast... boss and I hit the diner down the street. Was starving at 10:45am for some reason.

Turned into a sort of extended 1:1 but with an omelette. Not bad, actually.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
That dubya progress, goodjob , keep it up

Feels like a pizza day
DId you end up Pizza'ing

Took an early lunch, or late breakfast... boss and I hit the diner down the street. Was starving at 10:45am for some reason.

Turned into a sort of extended 1:1 but with an omelette. Not bad, actually.
I dont eat many omelettes , usually opt for a skillet. But i think breakfast food is best outside of morning hours.

Extended lunch for the win. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.