GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat 18: CAR MODS GALORE; CAR PROBLEMS GALORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Chin is down at NCM if i recal correctly, one of the few groups offering FULL NCM track layout which looks pretty over whelming at 23 turns.

IIRC lots of guard rails at NCM too.

Chin runs a few events at Sebring and Road Atlanta. I'm aiming to hit at least one of those over the next 12 months. Original plan was to make it this year but now that I need another set of tires, probably not.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Tail of the dragon is interesting, and terrifying. Some of the surrounding roads I think are more fun honestly, not sure why they don't get more hype. Highway 28 right off the totd is phenomenal

Had an incident trying to get up the super steep gravel driveway to the Airbnb. Had to cut half my side under body panel off.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
The Cayman is pretty balanced naturally - engine in the middle. Once you get used to them they're not hard to get a handle on.
Asking $50k.
Wow , for some reason i thought you were in the mid 35s on price

IIRC lots of guard rails at NCM too.

Chin runs a few events at Sebring and Road Atlanta. I'm aiming to hit at least one of those over the next 12 months. Original plan was to make it this year but now that I need another set of tires, probably not.
NCM has a few guard rail spots yes.

What size tires you running on the rear?

Tail of the dragon is interesting, and terrifying. Some of the surrounding roads I think are more fun honestly, not sure why they don't get more hype. Highway 28 right off the totd is phenomenal

Had an incident trying to get up the super steep gravel driveway to the Airbnb. Had to cut half my side under body panel off.

Nice, car and scenery lookin good. Bummer about the body panel, your car isnt even that low wow.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion

That’s what happened to me when I got stuck lol. Had to rip out a bunch of shit after getting out. Glad you’re having fun, pics of Airbnb?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie

Bummer about the damage. Just about EVERY road down there is fun. The Dragon is cool, and it's the iconic road, so you need to run it once (just to say you were there.) But yes, other roads are better... and also other roads aren't full of idiots. Did you see the video Shawn Young posted to Facespace when he was down there a few weeks ago? Idiot in a Alfa 4C going WAY too fast lost it, crossed the center line sideways, passed mere INCHES from Ken's bumper, and wound up climbing up the cliff wall before coming to a stop.

LOL no. At mid-30s I'll just keep it and work on trying to enjoy it. Between the initial dollars spent + all the dollars spent unBilting this thing I've got double my asking price into it. While there is something to the "cut your losses" ideology, going down to 35 is "take it in the ass" and I'm not willing to go that far.

What size tires you running on the rear?

Street setup on factory rims gets a 265. On the 18" OZ's for track use I have 295's out back.

jay745

LOL 35 WUT?

That’s what happened to me when I got stuck lol. Had to rip out a bunch of shit after getting out. Glad you’re having fun, pics of Airbnb?

so much fun. The Airbnb is ok, nothing too crazy.

Bummer about the damage. Just about EVERY road down there is fun. The Dragon is cool, and it's the iconic road, so you need to run it once (just to say you were there.) But yes, other roads are better... and also other roads aren't full of idiots. Did you see the video Shawn Young posted to Facespace when he was down there a few weeks ago? Idiot in a Alfa 4C going WAY too fast lost it, crossed the center line sideways, passed mere INCHES from Ken's bumper, and wound up climbing up the cliff wall before coming to a stop.

LOL no. At mid-30s I'll just keep it and work on trying to enjoy it. Between the initial dollars spent + all the dollars spent unBilting this thing I've got double my asking price into it. While there is something to the "cut your losses" ideology, going down to 35 is "take it in the ass" and I'm not willing to go that far.

Street setup on factory rims gets a 265. On the 18" OZ's for track use I have 295's out back.

#boostedtrolling :dnftt:

I did run the dragon twice yesterday, cool but had WAY more fun on the other roads. I did see that video from Shawn a few weeks ago...scary. There was a pack of rented supercars led by an srt keep being completely wreckless yesterday. Saw them all pass a commuter car going over the double yellow. Really stupid.

28 has been the most fun so far. Going to check out the cherohula skyway in a few minutes.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Saw them all pass a commuter car going over the double yellow.

I think sometimes the locals get pissed at all the enthusiasts going through there.

I know when we were down there, we caught up to a local doing, literally, 20mph, the entire way. Passed up multiple "pull offs" without budging. Just puttered along. After like the 3rd opportunity, I laid on the horn (I know, I'm a dick... but c'mon now) they pulled off at the 4th one and gave me the finger as I (and like 15 other cars at that point) went past.

What was even more odd though - went through it in the dark on our way to the hotel on the first night - and again in the wet on our way home. Both of those times WE pulled over to let a local in a crusty old pickup truck pass us.

Seems the locals are at either extreme. Either they know it well and RIP through it, or they just putter along.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
If anyone is interested , free cloth mats for gti front and rear just need to be dusted off and shampooed. Great condition.

Also rear cargo carpet moderate condition

Cargo net with clips, great condition.

10 inch sub box , esssentially brand new. Free 10 inch sub in meh condition

Random rs cap new with plastic.

Free if want to pickup. Can send pics. Lemme know thanks
quick someone sell boosted a bridge

Economy is doing great and with extra money i could but Why? Dont get bridge reference?

BTW i fgured OMNI was going to part out to stock and sell tbh.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Daaang Illinois with the recreational pot bill.

jay745

Daaang Illinois with the recreational pot bill.
The governor is a greedy sob, he's vowed to legalize it here in the next year basically. His family owns half of Illinois already, might as well make a few more mil on pot. Knowing IL they'll still make you sign up for a bs permit or something to further make money and that'll keep the black market around. Really they need to be like Colorado and just make it so available and cheap to anyone and that'll diminish any blackmarkets

clownish

just clowning around
I’ll give anyone a set of cloth stock mats for the cost of shipping. I have two unused sets - one still in plastic. Not monster or mojos, the stock black ones.

I also have 2 sets of mojos but I use those. [emoji23]

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
I think sometimes the locals get pissed at all the enthusiasts going through there.

I know when we were down there, we caught up to a local doing, literally, 20mph, the entire way. Passed up multiple "pull offs" without budging. Just puttered along. After like the 3rd opportunity, I laid on the horn (I know, I'm a dick... but c'mon now) they pulled off at the 4th one and gave me the finger as I (and like 15 other cars at that point) went past.

What was even more odd though - went through it in the dark on our way to the hotel on the first night - and again in the wet on our way home. Both of those times WE pulled over to let a local in a crusty old pickup truck pass us.

Seems the locals are at either extreme. Either they know it well and RIP through it, or they just putter along.
Isn't the speed limit there only 30 in a lot of the spots though? So I mean he isn't too far under.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
If anyone is interested , free cloth mats for gti front and rear just need to be dusted off and shampooed. Great condition.

Also rear cargo carpet moderate condition

Cargo net with clips, great condition.

10 inch sub box , esssentially brand new. Free 10 inch sub in meh condition

Random rs cap new with plastic.

Free if want to pickup. Can send pics. Lemme know thanks

Economy is doing great and with extra money i could but Why? Dont get bridge reference?

BTW i fgured OMNI was going to part out to stock and sell tbh.
Sub still available?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.