GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat17: Boosted Learns How To Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
What do you guys suppose a 2013 GTI Wolfsburg (so the Laguna wheels, fancy shift knob and steering wheel, cloth) with Navi (OE that I retrofitted) and 85k is worth, trade and private sale?

NADA has trade around 8k?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Considering mine is worth like 5 or 6k I'd say that's pretty spot on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Phur

Autocross Champion
Only 8k?!? Depreciation sucks. I paid 24k for mine not quite 3 years ago.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
its not like we buy these things as financial investments. they're enjoyment investments until they break. which is why ill run this thing into the ground.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Trading my car in soon and looking for a set of tires to throw on the stock wheels. Anyone have any 225/40/18 or 235/40/18s laying around they wanna unload? Can be all seasons or summers.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Trading my car in soon and looking for a set of tires to throw on the stock wheels. Anyone have any 225/40/18 or 235/40/18s laying around they wanna unload? Can be all seasons or summers.

I’ve got a set of brand new tires. PM me.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Including taxes and fees, it was right at 24k. It was above KBB. I had just totaled my Civic though (thank you deer... no seriously, thank you deer[emoji4]) and needed a new car very quickly. I had wanted a GTI for years and looked at them all the time. I knew exactly what I wanted. United Gray or possible Carbon Steel Gray, leather, sunroof, Lagunas or Serrons. They were fairly abundant when I wasn’t in the market. When I needed one if they were in the range that we were wanting to pay, they were all cloth or high miles or not good shape. We wanted to stay under $18,000. We could afford to pay that in one lump sum and continue to be debt free. My wife found my car on the Carmax website, and said, “What about this one?” I replied that it was way more than what we were trying to pay and was even above KBB. She said, “But this is what you want, right? And it doesn’t even have 12,000 miles on it. So let’s just get this one.”

Phur

Autocross Champion
its not like we buy these things as financial investments. they're enjoyment investments until they break. which is why ill run this thing into the ground.

Agreed. I drive the shit out of mine. It makes me sad that the miles are racking up but that is how I enjoy my car, not letting it sit in the driveway.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Man...so maybe about a couple months ago the bracket on my IE intake snapped, I got a new one, and it's sat in a box for a month. I finally got around to replacing it today. I loosened only the o-ring at the top of the coupler by the turbo and then pulled up and it pulled right up...like the coupler was just barely on the turbo. I could have pulled it right off without touching any of the o-rings. I have no idea how long it's been like that, but it's tight now, and the new bracket on the ie intake looks a lot better...no more brake pedal vibrations.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Man...so maybe about a couple months ago the bracket on my IE intake snapped, I got a new one, and it's sat in a box for a month. I finally got around to replacing it today. I loosened only the o-ring at the top of the coupler by the turbo and then pulled up and it pulled right up...like the coupler was just barely on the turbo. I could have pulled it right off without touching any of the o-rings. I have no idea how long it's been like that, but it's tight now, and the new bracket on the ie intake looks a lot better...no more brake pedal vibrations.

Whatcha doing with the one you just took off? Lol

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Whatcha doing with the one you just took off? Lol

I was just gonna take it to work and chuck it in the scrap metal bin.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Never go to ikea
*around lunch
*around dinner
*around christmas
*friday night
*saturday
*sunday
*holidays where they are still open
*with your parents

Went on Sunday & on a coupon day...no issues. In & out in 5 minutes
Mind you I live 10-15 minutes (8 miles) away though

Tips/my process:
1. Know what you want & where it's at in the warehouse
2. Park in loading zone (at the end, so I'm not taking up the closer loading spaces)
3. Grab cart & cut thru a open cashier lane to the warehouse
4. Grab item and pay & go

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Went on Sunday & on a coupon day...no issues. In & out in 5 minutes
Mind you I live 10-15 minutes (8 miles) away though

Tips/my process:
1. Know what you want & where it's at in the warehouse
2. Park in loading zone (at the end, so I'm not taking up the closer loading spaces)
3. Grab cart & cut thru a open cashier lane to the warehouse
4. Grab item and pay & go

This. I always look up the locations of what I’m buying before I go.

Status
Not open for further replies.