GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Just the valve that I need is 7 freaking dollars... Gonna cost me more in shipping... Maybe I can try a dealer and see if they have them cheaper or just not have to pay for shipping and still pay 7.

True, R134a fittings have been standardized for almost 30 years. The valves must be hard to find because of teh German ingenuity.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
How was everybody's weekend?

Yesterday i helped a friend move, then I met up with my buddy who just bagged his A4 and snapped some photos. Grabbed some tacos and some 32oz cervesas. Good Saturday is good. Lazy Sunday. Probably should have skimmed job postings too.

IMG_1638.JPG

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Nothing much going on, sold a bunch of old tools I don't use on Zucks market place. What a disaster, I had 500 views within about 20 or 30 minutes. All the messages, and that stupid still available button. My FCP order just showed up so might go ahead and change my oil.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Zucks market place. What a disaster, I had 500 views within about 20 or 30 minutes. All the messages, and that stupid still available button.
292626A3-1F41-48CA-BA44-B03637A44E74 by snobrdrdan, on Flickr

Yup & so annoying.
Been trying to sell a set of wheels that I had originally bought for the wife's Traverse for 6+ months now. TONS of "is this still available?" and then never hear back again.
OR....I get the "will they fit my Silverado/Tahoe/Yukon/whatever?", even though I listed the bolt pattern and all the vehicles they'd actually fit. :rolleyes:

Phur

Autocross Champion
Nice weekend. We went for a nice drive today, kinda late in the day, but that’s night shift. Got some good pics of the car.
1596448313907.jpeg
1596448237232.jpeg
1596448142407.jpeg
1596448048890.jpeg

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
292626A3-1F41-48CA-BA44-B03637A44E74 by snobrdrdan, on Flickr

Yup & so annoying.
Been trying to sell a set of wheels that I had originally bought for the wife's Traverse for 6+ months now. TONS of "is this still available?" and then never hear back again.
OR....I get the "will they fit my Silverado/Tahoe/Yukon/whatever?", even though I listed the bolt pattern and all the vehicles they'd actually fit. :rolleyes:

One guy was like “oh well I was interested earlier, but you took too long to reply, so now I’m out!” Lmao ok Shark tank fan🙄

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Selling stuff is super annoying. I just ran into the same this weekend, guy messages me with a lowball for that torx set I posted. I told him no thanks, he said cool. Sold it for my asking price to someone else, then the lowball guy messages me a day later saying "ok i'll take it for your price" told him it was too late I sold it to someone else, then he goes on "wtf I would have paid that"

people are nuts.

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
Placed an order with fcp for some fluids after hours on wednesday. I forgot I needed some washer fluid so I immediately sent them a message asking if I could add a couple to the order. First thing yesterday, they reply no sorry, you're order is all packed up and ready to go blah blah. Then today I get the your order has been shipped email. Lol come on man

Should've hit us up, could've gotten you what you needed 😅

Weekend was long. Took Friday off to fly up to my home town and help my buddy move to Baton Rouge. Spent all Friday loading, driving, and unloading a moving truck.
On Sunday I replaced the spark plugs on the wagon. The old ones were... burnt to a crisp? Never seen a plug that looked the way the ones I pulled out did. They could've been the factory plugs for all I know. 19 years old with 159k miles on them. Car runs so much better now though. Need to do all the fluids on it next. Coworker also brought a spare standing desk from the office to my house, so I've got that set up now. Much better and bigger than my old work from home set up.
IMG_20200803_103706_221.jpg

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Selling stuff is super annoying. I just ran into the same this weekend, guy messages me with a lowball for that torx set I posted. I told him no thanks, he said cool. Sold it for my asking price to someone else, then the lowball guy messages me a day later saying "ok i'll take it for your price" told him it was too late I sold it to someone else, then he goes on "wtf I would have paid that"

people are nuts.
"then maybe you should have"

*jay has left the conversation*

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
so i bought a bidet attachment for my full bathroom... i go to install last night and as i am undoing the water pipe connection to the tank i hear a snap, i apparently was moving the tank fill assembly in the tank and snapped something in there. so i get to replace that tonight when i get home from work, and ill put a flex line instead of the hard pipe line that was there...

#housemods

torga

Autocross Champion