GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Having a brainfart...who was it that works for urotuning here? Had a GLI come in today for a downpipe install...got the oem off only to realize they sent him a downpipe for a gen2 tsi not a gen3. šŸ˜”
@KollinWithaK

Former Honda Guy

Autocross Newbie
Ordered my very first Spyderco today. A Polestar. Pretty geeked.

I also picked up another KA-BAR mule last month (no serrations this time). It was on sale. I donā€™t have a problem. Leave me alone. La, la, la, la, la, la.....

#knifechatlives

EDIT: my hashtag got cut off.

Attachments

• 2B8FF839-AF51-4AF2-92DD-1F1B204AC2E9.jpeg
    2B8FF839-AF51-4AF2-92DD-1F1B204AC2E9.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion

I also picked up another KA-BAR mule last month (no serrations this time). It was on sale. I donā€™t have a problem. Leave me alone. La, la, la, la, la, la.....

#knifechatlives

What made you go with the polestar over say the native or sage 2?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do

#knifechatlives

How do you like the kabar mule? I have a cheap folder from kabar and used to love it but it got really beat up and I chipped the blade badly
Polestar ftw. I like the full length blade over blades that have a finger chock

Former Honda Guy

Autocross Newbie
Price and blade length. The polestar was on sale for about half the price of the native and sage offerings. I also like the 3.3ā€ blade of the polestar.

EDIT: I plan on abusing it to see how much it can handle. Thatā€™s one of the reasons price was important. If it can handle what I think it can, Iā€™ll slowly move to Spyderco for all of my primary folding knives. (Maybe fixed too.)

Last edited:

Former Honda Guy

Autocross Newbie
How do you like the kabar mule? I have a cheap folder from kabar and used to love it but it got really beat up and I chipped the blade badly
So far so good on my mule (first one). I abuse it and nothing has broken or blown up. I have beat up the blade on more than one occasion, but It takes to sharpening rather well. The diamond hone in my lansky kit smoothed out any ā€œdivotsā€ and I was able to slice through paper like butter after each sharpening session. The finish on the blade is a joke though.

Polestar ftw. I like the full length blade over blades that have a finger chock
YES!!

Most of my folders are OKC, which I like, but I donā€™t beat up. Iā€™m excited about the toughness that comes with Spyderco knives.

Last edited:

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
So far so good on my mule (first one). I abuse it and nothing has broken or blown up. I have beat up the blade on more than one occasion, but It takes to sharpening rather well. The diamond hone in my lansky kit smoothed out any ā€œdivotsā€ and I was able to slice through paper like butter after each sharpening session. The finish on the blade is a joke though.

YES!!

Most of my folders are OKC, which I like, but I donā€™t beat up. Iā€™m excited about the toughness that comes with Spyderco knives.
Doesn't look abused at all, looks brand new šŸ¤”

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Which Lansky kit is everyone using? Honda guy mentioned it and I think I have heard Jay mention it also. There are few options on Amazon. Not sure if the Diamond ones are worth the extra cost.

My Delica needs sharpening and I donā€™t want to send it into Spyderco again.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Which Lansky kit is everyone using? Honda guy mentioned it and I think I have heard Jay mention it also. There are few options on Amazon. Not sure if the Diamond ones are worth the extra cost.

My Delica needs sharpening and I donā€™t want to send it into Spyderco again.
I use my Spyderco sharp maker. The standard Lansky typically takes care of most knives and gets to the sharpness most people want. Otherwise the deluxe has finer grits for really getting a good edge.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
You guys already saw my collection, I'm all over the place but typically buy benchmade or spyderco. Although I've grown pretty fond of civivi knives and Kizer knives.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I use my Spyderco sharp maker. The standard Lansky typically takes care of most knives and gets to the sharpness most people want. Otherwise the deluxe has finer grits for really getting a good edge.

Ah so itā€™s more or less my desired level of blade sharpness. Iā€™m not very particular, I donā€™t think. Iā€™ve been walking around with a dull knife for a while. The Lansky is hard to beat for the price but I have been checking out the Sharpmaker too.

Former Honda Guy

Autocross Newbie
You guys already saw my collection, I'm all over the place but typically buy benchmade or spyderco. Although I've grown pretty fond of civivi knives and Kizer knives.
I havenā€™t tried (or honestly heard of) civivi knives. Iā€™ll check them out. Iā€™ve seen and Iā€™m curious about the Kizer knives.

Former Honda Guy

Autocross Newbie
Ah so itā€™s more or less my desired level of blade sharpness. Iā€™m not very particular, I donā€™t think. Iā€™ve been walking around with a dull knife for a while. The Lansky is hard to beat for the price but I have been checking out the Sharpmaker too.
Bunny is right. It will handle a wide variety of blades and get a solid edge on all of them. Itā€™s not going to beat a Wicked Edge, but itā€™s not that far behind one either.

Iā€™m not super anal about my blades, but I do have the diamond hone down to the leather strop that I use with jewelers polish. The things I like most about the lansky are the ease of use, the angle guide and the wide selection of hones.

I also like thatā€™s itā€™s simple to use. Hell, Iā€˜be been giving my 7 and 4 year old lessons and they picked it up pretty quickly. (I have the table mounted C-clamp as well, so it makes it easier for me and them.)

EDIT: The Lansky is a really good place to start. Iā€™ve always been super nervous about damaging my blades sharpening on my own and the Lansky removed all of that anxiety the first time I used it. Just my .02.