GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

torga

Autocross Champion
Bourbon is one of those things that sounds good and then you try it and it's terrible, but I'm mostly talking about bourbon being added to things. I've given too many bourbon barrel aged stouts a try and haven't liked one of them. Don't care for it on my chicken either.
Not all the bourbon-barrel aged stouts are good. A lot of the time, it just adds a weird sweetness dimension that doesn't always work. When they're good, they're pretty good. When they're not good, they're ruined.

I'll take an imperial oatmeal stout (or Russian imperial stout) over a bourbon-barrel aged stout 100% of the time, if given the option.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Not all the bourbon-barrel aged stouts are good. A lot of the time, it just adds a weird sweetness dimension that doesn't always work. When they're good, they're pretty good. When they're not good, they're ruined.

I'll take an imperial oatmeal stout (or Russian imperial stout) over a bourbon-barrel aged stout 100% of the time, if given the option.

Hell, I'd take a milk stout over a bourbon stout. I don't like those either. Russian/American imperials, oatmeals, coffee, and chocolate stouts are my favorite. I had an oyster stout that wasn't bad too. Kalamazoo stout, Old Rasputin, and Undead Party Crasher have been my go to lately.

torga

Autocross Champion
Hell, I'd take a milk stout over a bourbon stout. I don't like those either. Russian/American imperials, oatmeals, coffee, and chocolate stouts are my favorite. I had an oyster stout that wasn't bad too. Kalamazoo stout, Old Rasputin, and Undead Party Crasher have been my go to lately.
Old Rasputin is great, I can get that pretty much anywhere in the country. But the best ones are the ones you can only get in your respective neck of the woods. This brewery in Seattle called Holy Mountain put out a milk stout for a couple weeks called Shadowlifter. Man, that one was goooood. Perfect balance of coffee, cocoa, and mild sweetness while still being smoky.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Old Rasputin is great, I can get that pretty much anywhere in the country. But the best ones are the ones you can only get in your respective neck of the woods. This brewery in Seattle called Holy Mountain put out a milk stout for a couple weeks called Shadowlifter. Man, that one was goooood. Perfect balance of coffee, cocoa, and mild sweetness while still being smoky.
Total Wine has a pretty good selection of beer brewed in FL. I try some occasionally, but none of it ever really wows me. I haven't been able to get some of my favorites in a while as they've stopped carrying it.

Ballast Point makes a porter called Victory at Sea that was one of the best beers I've tried, but I haven't seen it in a long time.

A few years ago my usual was Kellerweis by Sierra Nevada, a really good wheat beer. I'd get a couple 6 packs of that one every time I went to get beer. They quit carrying it a few years ago though and I haven't been able to find it anywhere. I've tried searching for a wheat beer replacement, but everything comes up short. Some Weihenstephan's are pretty close though.

I really like the undead party crasher for the size of the can. It's a bigger can that I usually sip on for a couple hours, but it's like the perfect amount of alcohol over that period of time for me...gets me buzzed right where I want to be.

Phur

Autocross Champion
I’ve been working and schooling too much to get the pictures before. Here are my birthday goat-waffle socks.
1611003284087.png

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Well shit... Car is making funny noises again... Sounds like it's coming from either the water pump or the intake manifold. I can't tell and it's too fucking cold to be outside tonight trying to figure it out. Guess I'll see if it blows up on my way to work tomorrow.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Well shit... Car is making funny noises again... Sounds like it's coming from either the water pump or the intake manifold. I can't tell and it's too fucking cold to be outside tonight trying to figure it out. Guess I'll see if it blows up on my way to work tomorrow.
I'm sorry bunny. :(

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner

OR just take it out back and do it yourself:

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
What sucks is this is my 3rd intake manifold and my second waterpump already... And I don't have the vw warranty to help me anymore...

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
What sucks is this is my 3rd intake manifold and my second waterpump already... And I don't have the vw warranty to help me anymore...
bummer, dude. i bet its the intake manifold given the noise. when the IM on my tig went it was quite loud.

im assuming you've checked the hoses? the mk6 had a hose pop off and give rough idle and noise, a zip tie fixed it quick enough

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
bummer, dude. i bet its the intake manifold given the noise. when the IM on my tig went it was quite loud.

im assuming you've checked the hoses? the mk6 had a hose pop off and give rough idle and noise, a zip tie fixed it quick enough
No issues with idle. Just a loud noise that I can't tell if it's the water pump bearing or the manifold.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I'm kinda feeling like I mighta got covid lol

My uncle got it from someone he was with this weekend. He didn't find out his buddy had it until yesterday. I was in his office for like half an hour on Monday. When I get sick it settles in my back and right now I have a pain in my back that reminds me of the feeling I get when I'm sick. I don't feel sick at all or anything like that. It's just this pain in my lower back that I typically only get when sick.