GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
You gonna buy it back?
They can keep that turd. Actually it wasn't a bad car when it had all the mods, but it's current state is half modded and half stock lol...smfw, catless downpipe, and a stock tune. The timing chain is done too though. The red wheels I had on that car are still in my closet.

I just wanted to see what had happened to it. I've never been able to find one of my cars after trading it in. I still had the vin to my mk6 in an old email, so I did some googling and found it.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I'm curious what happened to my old grey 2.5 thats still in my profile pic. The guys I traded it to sold it like 4 months later. Don't know where it went after that :(
https://vincheck.info/check/report-summary.php?vin=WVWEV7AJ3BW112220

I popped my VIN onto that site and it told me exactly who had it lol

Crazy to see what the dealer listed it for though...doubt they got anything close to that, especially with the current dealer struggling to sell it at it's current price. Somebody put 5-6k miles on it before it ended up on the east coast though.

Phur

Autocross Champion
🦗🦗🦗

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Greetings from Danville, VA. Got invited to be a team's "Pro" for the weekend doing the 24H of VIR in ChampCar this weekend. Funny cuz I'm not really a Pro but hey, free track time so I'll take it. One of my co-drivers is actually pretty good too so this should be fun.

VA, W. VA, and SE Ohio are beautiful.... have to look up real estate down here.

torga

Autocross Champion
That's a solid schedule! That's gonna be a real fun Saturday. The San Juan Islands area is gorrrgeous. Good call doing Pike Place on a Monday, gonna beat the crowds.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
@snobrdrdan what's the Arteon replacement?
0CD6FD3F-6E14-4940-A097-FEFFBC2967DA by snobrdrdan, on Flickr

C1F42460-84EE-4473-83B2-16BE11C1B339 by snobrdrdan, on Flickr

Yeah I know...the same damn thing. :rolleyes:
BUT I couldn't find another car, for the money, that offered the room and the power.
The Daytona should/usually holds it value better than a typical Scat Pack as well.

After seeing VW's announcement though yesterday...I have no regrets of getting rid of the Arteon, as the the trans was the weak link on the current model.
So I might get another Arteon in a year or two, possibly, after hearing of the improvements (more power & the DSG--which were the biggest complaints):
https://www.autoblog.com/2021/08/09/2022-vw-arteon-power-refresh/

Phur

Autocross Champion
Happy Friday the 13th everyone. I hope that you are all having a nice day with fun (or enjoyably chill) weekend plans.