GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My GTI, Rocco

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
im sure the drag created from the missing door had nothing to do with your percieved power loss...

DTM, good shop is good.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Jeep People: We can drive with our doors off
Colby: hold my herb 🤘

That looks scary to me actually.

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
It's really not too bad as long as you don't think about what would happen if you got t-boned 😬 that's part of the reason I've switched to my framed half-doors. It's still not gonna be pleasant, but at least I won't have a bumper in my mouth.
I used to just take the doors off, but I had so many cops telling me that it's "illegal" and "dangerous" and an "absolute death trap." Never got pulled over, though, they always pulled up alongside and told me this and I always got them with the "really? I didn't know!"
I decided to go to my mechanic and ask what measures of safety it'd take for him to pass me with no doors and he said he'd never do it, so I decided to do the next best thing 🤷🏼‍♂️
It's also really fun, incredibly easy (3 bolts, and the doors have guide pins to realign them), and I highly recommend everyone try it once, even just around the block. It's a surreal feeling bring able to reach out and touch the ground while you're driving, having pavement inches from you going 90 on a freeway

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
No doors on a skateboard. :D Still safer than riding a bike, motorized or not. Not something I'd do, but over the years I've learned a few things. I have years of questionable things in my past. ;)

Get yourself a Triumph TR3. Even with the doors on you can scrape your knuckles on the ground if you aren't careful. :LOL:

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
I'll see your TR3 and raise you a BMW Z1
gwpzgt2flccwblcofphk.jpg

Phooey. I'm hooking up my UniConnect+cable now, and one of the features I believed to be available to me, No Lift Shift, isn't. Not something I'd use a lot but I'm a sucker for neat tricks, especially ones that would create a couple pops and bangs. Oh well, guess I'll have to settle with just LC 😉
At some point I'm gonna flash to stock just to see what it's like. A flash only takes 5 minutes or so, so why not.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I'll see your TR3 and raise you a BMW Z1
View attachment 177114

Phooey. I'm hooking up my UniConnect+cable now, and one of the features I believed to be available to me, No Lift Shift, isn't. Not something I'd use a lot but I'm a sucker for neat tricks, especially ones that would create a couple pops and bangs. Oh well, guess I'll have to settle with just LC 😉
At some point I'm gonna flash to stock just to see what it's like. A flash only takes 5 minutes or so, so why not.

I have only tried a few times but I can’t get LC to work.

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
I have only tried a few times but I can’t get LC to work.
Well I got it to work 3 times and now I'm misfiring cylinder 4 🤣
Screenshot_20200618-120106.png

Don't suppose this is an easy fix like a coil 😓 happened right after the last launch from 3800rpm... Rings, maybe? I'm gonna replace the plug and see if that fixes it.

Did you specifically flash the LC tune? That's what they told me to do.

torga

Autocross Champion
Spulen pipes early next week, probably while I'm doing my tensioner as I assume I'll need to remove the pancake anyway for that job. Tools arrived today, so once I get my load leveler back I'm all set to go.
The charge pipe was a PITA -- very little room to work with there. The discharge pipe was ezpz.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I didn’t see a LC tune option. Only these:

94B89A90-8A59-408D-85AC-8A6FB1DA3A52.jpeg

They never offered NLS as far as I know. Need a WOT box for that.

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
I did two launches from 4200, flashed it to stock (which I've never driven and is surprisingly still very quick), then one launch from 3800, and when I shifted to second I temporarily had almost no power. Came back and felt tough so I coasted home with little throttle (<1/4 mile). Felt like it was running better, but it still idles slightly off and at low RPMs is misfiring, though mid RPMs feel fine

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
I didn’t see a LC tune option. Only these:

View attachment 177123

They never offered NLS as far as I know. Need a WOT box for that.
That's what I saw. I called them up and asked about it, they just have to flip a switch. Just give them an email or a ring and ask about LC.
He said the R has NLS, but the GTI doesn't 🤷🏼‍♂️

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
Replaced the 4th coil and, while I hear some roughness, I think that may be my updated tune. I don't hear misfires, or at least I hear a significant amount less. I think the spark-cut LC might've fried the coil? Look idrk if that's possible, I'm not a mechanic. Maybe the engine just needed to sit for a couple minutes and during that time I also, unrelatedly, changed the coil.

Update: the coil was inconsequential. Car just needed a little breather, running completely fine now. That's a good thing because I didn't want to buy a new R8 coil.