GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Denny's Tornado Red GTI

BonJovic

Ready to race!
*10/28/11* Golf R Tinted Tail Lights

I got them on and they look great! I have no complaints and the install went super quickly and easily!

allset

Go Kart Champion
Hi everyone, my name is Denny and I live about 20 mins outside of Chicago. I just picked up a 2011 Tornado Red DSG w/ Sunroof/Nav package this weekend. It was a toss up between TR and United Gray, but ultimately I decided that you just dont see very many TR GTI's around (at least not in IL). I think my overall goal is to go with a black and red theme, but we'll see how it all plays out. 1 mod at a time, right?

Nice! Ur right u dont see many T Red GTI's around; even in and around NYC, which was one of the reasons i got that color too. It really pops after a polish and wax.

BTW- i started the same way "ill go slow, 1 mod at a time" I wasnt planning to go above Stage 1.

Here I am, now a year and at least $6,000 later @ Stage 2 and i just made an appointment for next week to swap in an APR intercooler, upgrade the clutch and put in a LSD. All this in prep for K04 in the spring. :mad0259:

So, be carefull, for some reason GTI's are more addictive with modding. Ive never modded any car ive owned as fast as i have with my GTI.

Anywho.......enjoy and keep the pics coming!

BonJovic

Ready to race!
haha, I know mods are addicting...but thats why my wife is keeping me under control. If she werent around, I would have dropped 10k on the car already :p

Last edited:

BonJovic

Ready to race!
phew, since my brother has VAGCOM, I was able to get rid of the bulb out error and disable the DRLs.

Anyone else have any other VAGCOM suggestions?

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
phew, since my brother has VAGCOM, I was able to get rid of the bulb out error and disable the DRLs.

Anyone else have any other VAGCOM suggestions?

Windows up/down with the fob
DRL's off
Gauge sweep
Headlights flash for turn signal

There are tons of cool vag tweaks - do a search & you'll find a thread on it :w00t:

BonJovic

Ready to race!
Just installed some LEDs bulbs I got off of eBay, but they're super dim. Did I just get bad ones? Are there better ones out there that are bright?

I also noticed they don't dim/get brighter as I dim all the interior lights. I assume this is the case with any bulbs...

Last edited:

BonJovic

Ready to race!
I replaced my license plate screws with stainless steel ones and they look great! I just went to lowes and bought regular old metal screws with washers. If your interested, these are the ones I bought...

Screws: 8 x 5/8
Washer: 6mm

SM_ATL

Ready to race!
+1! Someone who has great taste like you (and the attention to nice details) should not struggle too much to find a new job. Good luck!