GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dimensions of four lobed cam. CCZB and CCTA exhaust shafts.

cons

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi all! Anybody knows what dimensions of four lobed cam of CCZB exhaust shaft? I am going to upgrade my CAWA engine (almost CCTA version in USA) to CCZB version. The main trouble is difference in exhaust shafts to change HPFP without shaft changing. CCTA version 06H109022BB is 42.55 mm in narrow and 49.05 mm in wide wigth. But I don't have CCZB shaft to measure it. May be someone has it and can measure it?

Attachments

• FLC.JPG
    FLC.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 6,519
Last edited:

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Why the upgrade? What would the benefit be? Just curious, seems like an interesting project.

cons

Passed Driver's Ed
CCZB has wide lambda sensor. CCTA use the same sensor but in software it shows voltage (group 031 in vcds):

It looks like CCTA ecu converts wide lambda sensor readings to narrow one readings.

CCZ engine has Hitachi HPFP that can be upgraded with VIS or Autotech inserts.Also CCZB engine properly works with aftermarket DQ500 gearbox (in my case CAWA ecu doesn't).

The latest information is the piston stroke of the CCTA (CAWA) hpfp is 3.5 mm (our measuring is (49.05-42.55)/2=3.25 mm), CCZB hpfp stroke is 3.0 mm. But I can't prove it.

Last edited:

cons

Passed Driver's Ed
Well, I tried to install new hitachi HPFP and vacuum pump without exhaust valve shaft changing. To correct HPFP plunger stroke I used shim 0.525 mm between HPFP and vacuum pump bodies. All worked fine but CCZB exhaust valve shaft has better valve geometry and after couple weeks I installed this shaft.

Also I changed MAF for CCZB type one, install additional oil pressure sensor, wide lamda sensor and made missing wires. After that I trasnfered my immo data to new CCZB ecu.

All work fine without any issues.

Last edited:

bigbeetle

Well, I tried to install new hitachi HPFP and vacuum pump without exhaust valve shaft changing. To correct HPFP plunger stroke I used shim 0.525 mm between HPFP and vacuum pump bodies. All worked fine but CCZB exhaust valve shaft has better valve geometry and after couple weeks I installed this shaft.

Also I changed MAF for CCZB type one, install additional oil pressure sensor, wide lamda sensor and made missing wires. After that I trasnfered my immo data to new CCZB ecu.

All work fine without any issues.
Did the shimmed hpfp/vac pump housing work on the CAWA ECU? Or only with the CCZB MAF, ECU, and Wideband lambda sensor?