GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DO NOT BUY FROM P2SPEC (p2spec.com)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theunderlord

Ready to race!
it's a drop-shipping issue, plain and simple. He most likely doesn't stock more than 40% of what he sells, if that - e

you've just described 95% of automotive performance and styling e-commerce, and the 40% is more like 80%. :D

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
you've just described 95% of automotive performance and styling e-commerce, and the 40% is more like 80%. :D

do you mean 20% or 80% - they stock that much?

theunderlord

Ready to race!
no, i mean they don't stock anything... it's just a bunch of guys at a call center in some low-rent business park..

they enter the order in a commercial system, and they take care of everything else.

the business that stocks everything ships it out of the closest warehouse that they have.

these guys make like 15% on the order... (depending on what the item is or course.. i'm being general)

but seriously, go google map your favorite place to buy parts online.. it's pretty funny

Norsk

Go Kart Champion
Really? I've gotten my VMR wheels from Ben last fall. Now that's news to me. Good thing, I only bought one thing from him which is the wheels.

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
i don't think a poll is necessary, but i'm sure ben has more satisfied customers, enthusiasts or not, than disgruntled ones..things like these happen and i have to admit, when i ordered my akra, downpipe and wheels, it took longer than it should and i was also promised things here and there for the trouble and/or delays in shipping. some were broken, but all in all that still won't stop me from buying from p2spec. i'm not familiar with his "lies" but to me he speaks with no BS and i'm sure he and p2spec did'nt want this to happen; and it's fair to not brand him or the company as shady or any other type of crap. i'm also sure there are other vendors out there screwing up more and yet not being called out, or branded as douches for customer dissatisfaction. i'm sure ben will make this right...

Dave!

Ready to race!
I've been by Ben's shoppe and it's not just a call center. And I've seen him personally install some aftermarket products on people's cars (fog kits, DG shortshift kits, etc).
Also, a friend of mine purchased a set of staggered AG wheels from him and everything went smoothly.
NOT defending Ben or P2Spec, just stating my experiences with them.

JhnR

Banned
They're service is a little slow from my experience. Asked a couple of things, and once i never even got an answer. I won't be buying from them, customer service is very important these days, and that should make the sale happen.

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
i had a tiny issue with P2Spec too. when i ordered my LED Plate Lights from them i guess they sent me the MK5 version or something (even though it had an MK6 on the box) and it didn't come with the error code eliminators. it took me at least a month and a half to receive them after hearing like 3 stories of them being "lost in the mail, i guess"

but Ben seems like a nice guy and the issue was resolved for me even though it took a while. would i buy some small parts here and there from them in the future? maybe.

Merelington

Ready to race!
I've given the benefit of the doubt and am an extremely patient person. The problem isn't that they drop ship & don't stock (which should NOT take 5 months)...it's that they don't respond to any emails or pick up their phone.

I'm sitting here waiting in the dark even after requesting a refund and I get nothing. That sir is quite shady.

oeguy

Ready to race!
I've ordered a few things from Ben including a cup kit which is a large item and had zero issues and speedy shipping even though I'm in Canada with all the boarder nonsense so I would definitely order from Ben again in the future.

Jason3D

Go Kart Champion
Can't you report it to your credit card company and tell them that you never received the merchandise you ordered? Situations like this are the only reason I even use credit cards.

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
That sucks Merelington, I remember you asking me about the wheels around that time.

dustinouch

Go Kart Champion
Even though P2Spec is just down the fwy from me, I couldn't get replies to my PMs or email. I finally got fed up, so it came to spending money on a tune, exhaust, intake, and coilovers I took my business elsewhere and got much better service.

I will say this, I work for a local manufacturer and there are any number of delays that occur in production that are totally beyond a resellers'/dealer'scontrol. I'm sensitive to those types of issues so I won't fault P2Spec for that.

In sales communication is key, and this case the lack of resulted in lost sales.

zdravo

Ready to race!
Can't you report it to your credit card company and tell them that you never received the merchandise you ordered? Situations like this are the only reason I even use credit cards.

Yeah I would call up your credit card company if you used one through google checkout and file a chargeback for goods not delivered.

Anthony_MKVI

Ready to race!
This thread is making me nervous... I ordered ST coils and a BSH race intake on July 23rd. Coils arrived about 3 weeks later but I'm still waiting on the intake...

Although he did reply to my PM 2 weeks ago.

"We're just waiting on BSH to get their next ready intake systems out of the production."

Status
Not open for further replies.