GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Does a 2.5l downpipe exist?

VWghost26

Ready to race!
I know enough about cars but I'm still pretty fresh to vw's. I know coming from the honda scene there were countless numbers of hmeaders on the market. But all the talk on here is about downpipes. On top of my car having the usual header (that i know the TSI / FSI motors don't have) is there also a downpipe on my car? I've been reading alot of forums on the 2.5l rabbit since most parts are interchangable and there are very few headers and the ones that do exist consist of your regular full length and a set of shorties if I'm not mistaken. And short of climbing under my car does anyone know what the stock setup consists of? And would it be beneficial replacing the stock downpipe if my car has one considering I'm running a semi stock exhaust (GTI cat back)

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
downpipes are the om turbo cars...its the pipe straight out of the turbo

for the 2.5, you can get a test pipe which is the mid cat section, so you can put on a catless or high flow cat in place of the stock cat

there is also a header available through eurojet which includes the mid/test pipe...the problem is there is I dont think there is a tune available (unitronic may have one) which you would need in order to see any real gains, as well as get rid of the check engine light you will get

I had a mk5 rabbit with a full eurojet exhaust(catted) and it sounded beyond amazing:drool:

VWghost26

Ready to race!
Well I was looking into the stage 2 from unitronic since they are the only people with a tune right now but I haven't seen any info on after market headers or testpipes for the mk6. So to go to stage 2 would I need just an aftermarket exhaust (whether it be magnaflow or whoever) or would I need headers or testpipe too?

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
You said you knew about car correct? If you are coming from a NA Honda world then there really isn't much difference. You do pretty much the same sort of modifications you would to a B16a or B18. It's still a NA car. Same rules apply.

Just like on a B cars you will not see much HP gains either unless you really get in to it. Intake and exhaust is pretty much what you're going to get. I don't think anyone makes cams for an NA golf. Sadly you do not have the type of parts selection as you may have found on B motors

P

plac

from what i remember on my N/A cars, headers are the biggest gain by far of the bolt ons. but maybe thats just on those old cars that had real crappy manifolds.

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
Well I was looking into the stage 2 from unitronic since they are the only people with a tune right now but I haven't seen any info on after market headers or testpipes for the mk6. So to go to stage 2 would I need just an aftermarket exhaust (whether it be magnaflow or whoever) or would I need headers or testpipe too?

i believe their stage 2 is just a cel delete for the catless test pipe...i know C2 had a different tune for test pipe from header tune...the mk5 and mk6 have the same exhaust :thumbsup:

Eurojet1

Ready to race!
We had Headers on the market, but unfortunately they were knocked off entirely. So we pulled them off the market and are in the midst of re-designing. We'll be re-releasing them shortly. In the meantime, don't fall for those cheap knockoffs that may be floating around. Keep an eye out for what we have in store!

VWghost26

Ready to race!
We had Headers on the market, but unfortunately they were knocked off entirely. So we pulled them off the market and are in the midst of re-designing. We'll be re-releasing them shortly. In the meantime, don't fall for those cheap knockoffs that may be floating around. Keep an eye out for what we have in store!

Estimated pricing? Coming from the Honda scene previously i'm still getting used to the higher prices of vw /audi aftermarket parts. I know the quality is there which is great ! But i've been seeing prices around the $1000 mark. Ouch !!

VWghost26

Ready to race!
Our Header will follow the same entirely unique Modular V-Band style that the rest of our exhaust systems feature, so there will be a test pipe included standard, with an option high flow catalytic converter section available as an add-on. :thumbsup:

And if I wanted to just start off with a test pipe? Is that an option?

Aridi03

Ready to race!
test pipe or high flow cat