GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Flying to LA on Monday to pick up my first GTI

suomynona

Is it Monday yet?

Tell them you'll take the wheel/tire hazard coverage for $500. Review fine print and make sure it covers stuff like curb rash. If not, pass.

Didn't think to talk them down on the insurance too. Okay, I'll try.

In about 44 hours, I'll begin my drive back up the coast. I can't wait. Oh and I'm prepared. My Fast arrived in the mail today.

fastandfurious

Ready to race!
That reminds me. The dealership is trying to get me to get the clearcoat + interior + tire protection ($1200), upgrade from the 4.5 years left of warranty to the 7-year/70,000 platinum protection ($1900), wheel/tire repair protection ($1800)...

Do I need any of that stuff? This car will be mostly driven on days off (I work from home). Just seems like a waste of money, unless someone here can talk me into it.

Say no to all of them

riolo121

Ready to race!
I did the same thing 2 months ago..from jersey flew to north carolina to get a 2010 gti...9800 miles...for.. $16900....drove it home in 8 hours...worth the $180 flight

suomynona

I did the same thing 2 months ago..from jersey flew to north carolina to get a 2010 gti...9800 miles...for.. $16900....drove it home in 8 hours...worth the $180 flight

There were a couple on the east coast that I would have rather had, but that's kind of ridiculous (for me), considering I live in Seattle.

Also, I encountered multiple dealerships claiming that certified used were Autobahns, etc -- but were not. Almost as if the person that had entered the information just copied and pasted information. For example -- and this was pointed out to the dealership and was told that it would be fixed -- but it still has not been. (link) Unlike claimed, this has no moon roof, no navigation system and still shows up on VW's website as such. Anyways...

My flight is in a few hours :D

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Have a safe trip.

SoCalGTI

Passed Driver's Ed

Umm....Jersey to NC is definitely not 9800 miles. And if it was, you couldn't possibly cover it in 8 hours.

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
Umm....Jersey to NC is definitely not 9800 miles. And if it was, you couldn't possibly cover it in 8 hours.

SoCal is that really your interpretation of Riolo's post or are you joking?

Austin_W

Go Kart Champion
Does it also come with a USB cable? I have a Mophie Juice Pack for my iPhone, and it would be easier if I just used their cord. (Rather than removing the case to charge my phone.) Like you mentioned with the adapter for the iPhone, their authentic cord only works with their device.

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Do you mind if I ask who you went with for the extended warranty?

Not at all, It was LandCar through the Larry H. Miller chain of dealerships. I think the package is called Total Care Auto. Sells for 4000$ and I got it for 1200$ (according to the stealerships). I'm happy with it so far. Peace of mind is worth something to me and the next time some careless soccer mom carelessly pushes her shopping cart into the parking lot and hits my new car I won't stress :D

spagett!

Go Kart Champion
Lots of people living vicariously through this thread. You better not disappoint, OP. No pressure :D