GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Franco516 build

Francoleon91

Autocross Newbie
B9325849-E8BC-4002-9E1F-90D1B4029ED2.JPG

zef

Drag Racing Champion
getting a magnaflow resonator installed on my downpipe cause im sick of having a loud ass car. hopefully it chills out the drone.

Saw that APR just released one too--I'll likely pick it up as well. Once I go EWG I am going to really be pushing the noise limits at the track.

Francoleon91

Autocross Newbie
Saw that APR just released one too--I'll likely pick it up as well. Once I go EWG I am going to really be pushing the noise limits at the track.

not unless you plum it back into the exhaust like mine, i dont hear my WG at all

Francoleon91

Autocross Newbie
Did some winter maintenance on the GTI. Changed out the PCV which actually had a torn diaphragm, no wonder I was getting a weird surge at idle and boost gauge was all wonky and also did an oil change. Bought an RKX PCV thing to avoid the issue again and picked up some 17in denvers from Jersey yesterday. winter mode coming soon...

E9AF37C5-94B9-4B71-AD8F-ACCF057D0A6C.jpg

IMG_9431.jpg

IMG_9429.jpg

IMG_9432.jpg

torga

Autocross Champion
What exactly was your boost gauge doing that you thought was weird?

Francoleon91

Autocross Newbie
What exactly was your boost gauge doing that you thought was weird?

at idle i would notice it bounce from -22/20hg and id feel the car surge a bit. Now its at a steady -22 like how it was before. I know idle fluctuation is normal but the weird car vibration/surging is not.

torga

Autocross Champion
at idle i would notice it bounce from -22/20hg and id feel the car surge a bit. Now its at a steady -22 like how it was before. I know idle fluctuation is normal but the weird car vibration/surging is not.
hmm, alright. I idle anywhere between 20-22 inHg as well, but it doesn't surge between the two. Just picks one and stays.

Francoleon91

Autocross Newbie
Theyre not votex, they are some OEM skirts that are rare, ECS used to have em but cant find em on their site anymore. Never seen anyone else with them.