GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FrankenTurbo F23T Review and build thread.

doug@frankenturbo

Turbos Galore
Back on the silicone elbow thing...just wondering Doug if there's any news on that in the works?

Funny you should ask. I just came in here to say we finally have all the parts to test. We are going to set up the elbow and the turbo outlet pipe and pressure test them for good seal. If they work, then I want to incorporate the TOP into the product's offerings.

I need a name for the thing. So..."ChinaTOP"? "FrankenPipe"? I'll give it some thought after testing it.

bahaha love the humor doug used.

FrankenPowah TOP or FrankenPowah pipe

doug@frankenturbo

Turbos Galore
For now I'm just going to call this thing an "F-TOP" but people are free to call it a FrankenPipe too. Anyway, it holds pressure just fine at the intercooler hose coupler. Here are some pix:

The only remaining question is how to dimension the 45˚ elbow between the F-TOP and the F23T. The samples we got from the manufacturer seem a little short….

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Doug-

You should also make a Throttle pipe that has a bung welded for a W/M nozzle. HA it can be called the "Meth Pipe"

On a serious note would it be possible to get a TOP w/o the VW clamp thing. I had leaking issues back in the day.

Turb02

Ready to race!
Scheduled my dyno for tomorrow. This is on a 2010 CC 6mt, running the E-Tuners tune. Ill post results.

The unfortunate thing; Mustang dyno.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Doug-

You should also make a Throttle pipe that has a bung welded for a W/M nozzle. HA it can be called the "Meth Pipe"

On a serious note would it be possible to get a TOP w/o the VW clamp thing. I had leaking issues back in the day.

This... i was hoping it would utilize a T-bolt clamp as my original issue is with the ridiculous vw spring clamp thingy that pops off from so much Frankenturbo goodness.

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
This... i was hoping it would utilize a T-bolt clamp as my original issue is with the ridiculous vw spring clamp thingy that pops off from so much Frankenturbo goodness.

love reading this thread and seeing what you guys are doing.

I think a clamp change is a good idea, mine came off once and Im only stage 2. Seems like you guys would need that for what you are putting down.

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
Funny you should ask. I just came in here to say we finally have all the parts to test. We are going to set up the elbow and the turbo outlet pipe and pressure test them for good seal. If they work, then I want to incorporate the TOP into the product's offerings.

I need a name for the thing. So..."ChinaTOP"? "FrankenPipe"? I'll give it some thought after testing it.

Well you're welcome lol.

Great news that it's coming out...any idea what it will cost for just the pipe?

How about "frankenTOP" ?

rauch

Ready to race!
No oil issues here.... Yet. *crosses fingers*

Been keeping an eye on them for a while now. Any news on this damn overboost? I've really gotta finish up my car. Tired of staring at the parts on my floor.

Sorry Doug for leaving you hanging! Work picked up to the point we need to pickup two more people and I've been working with one of those lazy type that doesn't do their job and by the end of the day leaves you craving alcohol.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

jshay

Go Kart Champion
My hose popped off the silicone hose a few months ago with the T bolt clamp. I've replaced it with a hose clamp now and no issues since.

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
No oil issues here.... Yet. *crosses fingers*

Been keeping an eye on them for a while now. Any news on this damn overboost? I've really gotta finish up my car. Tired of staring at the parts on my floor.

Sorry Doug for leaving you hanging! Work picked up to the point we need to pickup two more people and I've been working with one of those lazy type that doesn't do their job and by the end of the day leaves you craving alcohol.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'm running DMs file and I'll peak at 27 psi under wot at 120 mph plus...other than that, typical boost is 25 tapering to 21 or 22. I have an mbc but right now it's fully closed so the file seems to be doing its job.