GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gauge Cluster Plastic

Stein357

Ready to race!
Tried the Novus, bottles 1 and 2. Didn't take all the scratches out, but cleaned it up so much I was shocked, the scratches aren't anywhere near as noticeable.

Draz

Ready to race!
Tried the Novus, bottles 1 and 2. Didn't take all the scratches out, but cleaned it up so much I was shocked, the scratches aren't anywhere near as noticeable.

I will probably get the Novus kit when I get irritated enough. :mad0259:

Stevec717

Ready to race!
Novus is one brand, but many marinas and even craft stores may sell it under other names. Just google plastic polish.

speedfreek

I'm glad I found this thread. My guage cluster plastic is horrible. I tried Griot's Plastic Cleaner and Plastic Polish and it didn't work well. Next, I tried Novus 1 and 2 and either it didn't help or it just made things worse. Honestly, the Novus #1 seemed to do more for it than anything. I've stopped messing with it for fear of making it worse. I see other plastic polishes from Meguiars, like their Mirror Finish line, has anyone used these? My next step is Plexus. If it will hide them some, it may be livable. I wonder if anyone has used Lamin-X on it to make it more durable...just an idea.

Draz

Ready to race!
So I tried Novus #2 polish. It seemed to help, but not eliminate scratches. I used the "Polish Mates" that came with my kit. Seemed like a bunch of paper towel to me. I will later try with a microfiber. I'm also thinking of trying polishing the plastic with a drill pad, like Mother's Power Ball...

Scotty2Hotty

Go Kart Champion
I used Griot's Garage plastic polish. Helped a little but I still have some swirls. I give up.

firefly1

Passed Driver's Ed
Took my car in for detailing and this place totally messed up the cluster when they tried to wipe it down and left a huge scratch across the tachometer. I tried Meguiars PlastiX with a micro fiber cloth for camera lens and it got rid of the deeper scratch but it left behind a bunch of swirl marks. No further polishing with the Meguiars can get totally remove the swirls.

I want to try this product called Displex. It's suppose to slightly dissolve the plastic and level out the surface. Some people are happy with the result, some say it leaves behind a hazy film and make the plastic milky.

allset

Go Kart Champion
same here. on time i touched it with my FINGER and it scratched the plastic. Why they would such soft plastic in an area that sees high dust and cleaning bogggles the mind.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
Not sure how to fix existing scratches on the gauges, but I use couple shots of compressed air to get rid of the dust. I never touch 'em.