GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Grand Am APR cars have Passat OE Aluminum Upright?

f00kie1

Go Kart Champion
I am very interested in correcting for incorrect geometry on my lowered car. H2Sport spindles have been "backordered" for over 16 months now. Likely not coming back. I see two other options, from what I understand:

1. APR TT Spindles -- where do I get these? Do they have with everything required?
2. Putting together the TT part list yourself -- I imagine that is the part list a few posts up (quote from bruce)?

Talguy

Go Kart Champion
I am very interested in correcting for incorrect geometry on my lowered car. H2Sport spindles have been "backordered" for over 16 months now. Likely not coming back. I see two other options, from what I understand:

1. APR TT Spindles -- where do I get these? Do they have with everything required?
2. Putting together the TT part list yourself -- I imagine that is the part list a few posts up (quote from bruce)?

I know tyrolsports offers the correct tie rods needed for the TT spindles. Also you can contact 034 as the modified a SRT of spindles for a mkv user. Really search the mkv forum as there is a lot of good info there.

engineered2win

Ready to race!
I finally swapped in my Passat spindles and lower control arms yesterday. I would caution that if you aren't using the 312 mm GTI you will have problems. The TDI 288mm brakes will not fit. The caliper carrier hits the spindle since they have a 1/2" smaller radius and you will not be able to get both carrier to spindle bolt in.

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
So did you make the 312 mm conversion, which we know is easy?

zrickety

The Fixer
Bump for a great thread. I could have used some of this info a few weeks ago when I installed Passat parts. Thinking hard about TT upgrades in the future. Search function is useless when looking for threads like this.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Bump for a great thread. I could have used some of this info a few weeks ago when I installed Passat parts. Thinking hard about TT upgrades in the future. Search function is useless when looking for threads like this.

What TT upgrades?

onefastGTI1

Ready to race!
does anyone know if the SuperPro ball joints will be a direct bolt on with the Passat spindles since they require a bigger top nuts?

zrickety

The Fixer
What TT upgrades?
Well since I added track width in the rear with Passat parts, I'm thinking TT parts in the front for more width. Looks like TTRS tie rods are the secret sauce?

The Superpro ball joints should bolt on to the Passat spindles.

onefastGTI1

Ready to race!
the TTRS outer tie rods do look to be longer than ours though i don't know if they can thread onto our oem inner tie rods.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Well since I added track width in the rear with Passat parts, I'm thinking TT parts in the front for more width. Looks like TTRS tie rods are the secret sauce?

The Superpro ball joints should bolt on to the Passat spindles.

I think the TT parts add more than just track width. I'm pretty sure the bump geometry is different too which may actually worsen the handling and ultimate grip if it can't be adjusted correctly.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie

Credit:thebruce

S3/Cupra = Passat